Just one call to action on home page?

Abrasax

Guru
To those of you who use quoters on your home page, do you eliminate the other common buttons like "contact us" and "about us"? I would think that the less CTAs the better if you're trying to get people to run quotes.

FWIW, I would keep the "contact us" button in case they want to interact with you before quoting (perhaps to find out what insurance they should get). If you give them only one option and it doesn't fit what they need, they may just "next!" your site.

Just my two cents!

You can have multiple links and CTAs on your homepage. If you want someone to run a quote you need to include a small piece of copy that tells the viewer why they should run a quote. Then you need to include the quote form (ideal) or button (less ideal) next to copy. Those two things should be the first thing people see on your homepage.

Then as they scroll down your page you need to keep building trust and telling them why they should get a quote. Also, try to keep your copy centered around what the potential lead will get not how great you are.

For example: “Your financial future will be protected” instead of “We protect the financial future of our clients”.

For desktop version of website it's nice to see hyperlinks on the header of website with a clear call to action above the fold of the website.

For mobile version of website there should be one clear CTA above the fold with a mobile menu with links inside.

The goal is to create a visually appealing website that's easy to navigate without be overwhelmed with options.

Here is an example of a easy to navigate website for Commercial Auto Insurance

Hope this helps.

I know that the visible phone number on the top of the page has been kind of drifting away because website owners want the viewers to click on additional pages. I still think that having your phone number on the website in immediate viewing range is important. Having your phone number and a contact us button on the top should be more than enough when paired with your visible GET A QUOTE button.

I know that the visible phone number on the top of the page has been kind of drifting away because website owners want the viewers to click on additional pages. I still think that having your phone number on the website in immediate viewing range is important. Having your phone number and a contact us button on the top should be more than enough when paired with your visible GET A QUOTE button.

It just depends on your lead gen strategy. If you are trying to get warm leads by sending traffic from an online ad (or organic search) to a landing page with a question form, the agency/agent phone number isn't an important piece of info on that page.

On the other hand, if your homepage is ranking for something along lines of "city name + auto insurance" than yeah having a very visible phone number (click to call for mobile phones), address, and hours of operation is important.

Last edited:
It just depends on your lead gen strategy. If you are trying to get warm leads by sending traffic from an online ad (or organic search) to a landing page with a question form, the agency/agent phone number isn't an important piece of info that page.

On the other hand, if your homepage is ranking for something along lines of "city name + auto insurance" than yeah having a very visible phone number (click to call for mobile phones), address, and hours of operation is important.

do you feel that having the phone number would have a negative affect? I just feel like having a phone number gives the consumer a sense of trust that their information is being sent to the correct place. Especially these days...customers are very well aware that their information gets transferred amongst many companies when they fill out a form online.

do you feel that having the phone number would have a negative affect? I just feel like having a phone number gives the consumer a sense of trust that their information is being sent to the correct place. Especially these days...customers are very well aware that their information gets transferred amongst many companies when they fill out a form online.

With landing pages, everything (copy, layout, color scheme etc. etc.) should draw the user to the call to action. If the primary call to action is making an actual call than yeah definitely add the phone number :) If you are trying to generate form based leads than everything should draw or point the user to the form/questionnaire. A phone number doesn't do that.

I don't think something as simple as a phone number on a landing page would make too much difference but I don't see it improving the trust factor so much that someone would say, "I see they have a phone number, I trust them now and will fill out the form." If you want to improve trust factor than using something like a few testimonials or even a short video of an actual person from the agency would improve the trust factor much more than a phone number.

Last edited:
Back