Just Starting, My Pre. License Experience and Current Questions

Samurai_Chicken

I am so glad I found this site! I have been reading around the forums and realize how much I have to learn, wow! Figured I would give a quick synopsis of my experience thus far and see how common it is and where I have gone wrong or right.

I have 4 yr college degree, mid 30s, previous job experience in social work.

I actually contacted Bankers through a Craigs-list add about a month ago. I was called given an appointment to meet personally with the 'manager'. I had to drive an hour and a half for the appointment and when I got there 4 other people were waiting in the entrance. Come to find out, It was NOT a face to face with the 'boss' but a group power-point presentation (that took 15 mins to get it to work) by some office employee. That was enough for me, I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Week later, I contact what turns out to be an NAA agent who I have stayed in contact with. I ended up electronically 'signing' some kind of contract online and have just been licensed. I have not yet signed anything on paper, or met anyone in person.

* From what I understand, I will only be selling FE. I don't quite understand why I had to have the combined Life/Health license, and am curious if I would be able to sell Health Insurance 'on the side' some how.

* I know there are some strong anti-NAA opinions on here (I have only been around 2 days) and am curious if what I ended up 'signing' online locks me in with NAA for a specified period of time?

* Even if NAA isn't the best choice, should I just stick with them to get started in the business? Being new, I have no clue (yes it rhymes).

Thanks for your help/suggestions/rants. Now time to get back to all this wonderful free education on the forums. ;)

Back