Key Man

Everyone should remeber that a client no longer needs their key man policy, it can be sold to a life settlement company. This is the best option for all parties involved.

Everyone should remeber that a client no longer needs their key man policy, it can be sold to a life settlement company. This is the best option for all parties involved.

That information would have helped me a lot 12-years ago. I left a company where I was the owner and benny of a policy on the business owner's life. It got real messy when I decided to leave the company. I always felt like the agent did a terrible job of setting the whole thing up.

I life settlement company would have been the perfect option.

I like to use MassMutual, MetLife, and Principal for Key Man Life. For DI depends on the business for WhiteCollar UnionCentral, MetLife or Principal. BlueCollar, Illinois Mutual.

12 yrs ago the life settlement industry was very new and mostly limited to those with AIDS. It has evolved into a much tighter regulated business with more protection for the investors such as bonding the life settlement package.

You need to be careful when looking at companies that use investors to buy the policies. These companies are usually private funders that sell points to raise the capital for buying policies. While this is a good investment (usually around 15% return) it is bad for the policy holder because the company wants the smallest settlement to receive the highest profit after death. Your other option is using a LS broker who works with multiple institutions, the higher the settlement the more money they make.

Back