Last post before I get back to studying.

Look, @TRG1225 made a joke that was clearly referencing another conversation. Was it in poor taste? Probably. Anyone that is offended can ask him to apologize. Anyone that "gets offended on behalf of others" is more of a trouble maker than trouble solver, unless they have been appointed to that position. If you really feel he created a problem, then report him to the admin and move on. This started out as what was debatably a bad joke, and has been worked up into much more with the back and forth.
It's cool. I have no hard feelings about any of it. Although, I take offense to you taking offense to me taking offense on behalf of others. Someone has to stand up for the Greek cooks when some uncultured swine pronounces gyro like they are talking about Mr. Garrison's gyroscope bike. This ain't the truck stop at Yeehaw Junction!

18953495_1482932845060191_3486180638292072011_o.jpg

That shit's just plain wrong, Mark.:arghh:

Last edited:
So the people saying "JAI-ROW" are just exercising their ability to think, and in order to be able to think, they have to risk being offensive? :unsure:

So the people saying "JAI-ROW" are just exercising their ability to think, and in order to be able to think, they have to risk being offensive? :unsure:

Yup. Then you can correct them.

When I hear people correct others on proper pronunciation of words from another country, like in this case, people typically correct their pronunciation.

My mother being French and having family in France, I spent my summers in France with family growing up. So, I have a pretty clear understanding of the proper pronunciation of French words. Whenever I correct people when they butcher my language, people laugh and call me a snob. I could be a whiney entitled little over sensitive b*tch ass snowflake and throw a tantrum, which is what many people do, or just shrug my shoulders and move on. Like most adults, I just move on. Unfortunately, being a b*tch ass oversensitive spineless weenie is trendy. Hopefully its a passing fad.

Last edited:
Yup. Then you can correct them.

When I hear people correct others on proper pronunciation of words from another country, like in this case, people typically correct their pronunciation.

My mother being French and having family in France, I spent my summers in France with family growing up. So, I have a pretty clear understanding of the proper pronunciation of French words. Whenever I correct people when they butcher my language, people laugh and call me a snob. I could be a whiney entitled little over sensitive b*tch ass snowflake and throw a tantrum, which is what many people do, or just shrug my shoulders and move on. Like most adults, I just move on.

So...no more Batman slaps?

TenderFloweryCrocodile-size_restricted.gif

So...I have no idea what just happened. Here are the assumptions I will make:
1. TRG1225 make some joke about me failing my SIE exam
2. The joke references an argument I had with him on another thread

In response to what I can assume was said. I'm glad I failed my test. I set unrealistic expectations on myself and my hubris convinced me that I could do this. Without trying to interject my personal faith on this forum, I will just say that every single time God has humbled me - I have come out better for it. So I rejoice exceedingly that my God still cares enough about me to rebuke and correct me when my pride exceeds my talent.

To frame the context behind my decision to ignore/block TRG1225. I am here to learn about this industry and this forum has been an excellent tool for such learning, I am still relatively new to forums (last forum I was active in was a local tabletop gaming group), and while I enjoy open discussions on political issues I don't enjoy talking to a wall. So, I tried out the ignore feature and had no idea what it would do/mean, I just knew I didn't foresee fruitful interactions with this individual and didn't want to waste more time or energy with him. Based on the comments, sounds like I made the right decision.

To everyone else, thank you for the recommendations, encouragement, and for welcoming a new comer to the industry.

Back