Lead generation costs

yes 1/8 is on shared leads, there is no such thing as an exclusive lead. The most important measure is ROI, my premium per lead is 450.00+, which means each 7.00 leads is worth almost 100.00 is commission to me with 1000% ROI.

I dont use Norvax or Quotit because I quote at least one carrier that does not integrate with their system. I may as I eventually automate to multiple states and purchase an website I would search engine optimize just for health and life insurance. Right now my website is just a branding site for my insurance advisory and financial planning business.

I use avidian prophet integrated with outlook, only one downside to it it does not have a lead parser that automatically creates a contact because most leads show lead company as the sender of the lead. So I must manually enter contact data no problem as I enter it while Im making the first call to them.

Drip Campaign is emails daily for 8 days, then weekly for 4 weeks, the monthly for 3, then at 6,9,12. That is automated by the click of a box.

To garner referrals I send a thank you email after sale and then I send a thank you welcome letter after policy is either mailed by me or the company. I send a general newsletter every 3 months via email to client list. I schedule comprehensive policy reviews on phone 2 months before policy renewal unless multiyear rate increase has been purchased.

I work out of home office and I do travel to local appointments both for cross sale opportunities and networking. I am getting an executive office suite in class A building soon to allow customers to come to me and also to do planning seminars on a large scale in addition to health, life and planning business. The key to that is time allocation and controlling marketing and expense.

But as a friend once told me who makes 2M a year, 1M for this business and then 1M from seminar. He said if you send 250,000.00 and you net out 2,000,000.00 you will do just fine. The reality is this most people who post here do well but on whatever scale they want to if what you are doing with 5 leads a day works, why wouldn't it work at 2X or 10X the marketing or effort. If you worked 50-60 hours a week to do it but you became rich in the process you have still done well and it was your own choice. If you desires are less ambition and only a 100K-200K a year then it will only take you 25 hours or less to do it as you will only need 10K-25K a week consitently to achieve your goals. Figure it will take you 1 hour of work for ever 1-2 thousand of AV you can generate. If you can take travel out of the equation with online sales and/or a physical outside office you can collapse time frames even more.

The key to this is work ethic and discipline. Treat it like a job and you will make a decent living, but treat it like a business and you will make a fortune.

no such thing as an exclusive lead

Oooh . . .

Expect a challenge on that one.

I dont use Norvax or Quotit because I quote at least one carrier that does not integrate with their system.

So you are using 2nd & 3rd tier players.

Drip Campaign is emails daily for 8 days, then weekly for 4 weeks, the monthly for 3, then at 6,9,12. That is automated by the click of a box.

Do you track those to see who opens and who doesn't?

Exclusive leads are self generated leads.

I don't track who opens the software avidian doesnt enable that as far as I know.

Yes I use one what you consider 2nd tier carrier American Republic through Pinnacle. I have had nothing but rave reviews with them.

You are 10 miles of less from me I'm in East Cobb we should do lunch or hit the links pick each others brains. I sure you have been doing this longer than me and I could benefit from your experience.

Call me some time for lunch. Since you know where I live you probably have my phone number as well.

Self generated leads may be exclusive for a while, or not. Sometimes when you pique someone's interest that is all you do. They begin looking at other things, either direct or through their existing (or another) agent.

I treat every qualified lead as exclusive to me up to a point. Doesn't mean I have complete control because I don't and anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

AR is a good company but I see no reason to use them. Pinnacle is one of the few FMO's that I would trust, but again, I don't need them.

When I made the switch from group to individual and changed from recruiting/overrides to person production I started with CGI. At the time they were the only carrier with an online app and reporting system. Their system was better than most that are available today which makes me miss them.

I sold a fair amount of business with them but missed out on a lot because I wasn't using BX or KP (who was very competitive at the time). Once I got it through my thick head that my life would be so much easier if I used tier 1 players my bank account improved dramatically.

I disdain paper apps and only use them on the rare occasion when I run into someone who "doesn't trust computers and credit cards". When that happens I mail them an app and then move on. If they mail it back, great. If not, so what? My business model does not afford me the time to baby sit someone who wants to just deal in paper and snail mail or F2F appointments.

Tracking software. This is an invaluable tool. For $25/yr you can track 4,000 emails and know which ones are opened, which are forwarded, which are bounced. You get instant notification via email.

Every proposal I send out has the tracking code. As soon as the proposal is opened (which is sometimes days or even weeks later) I call (unless they open at 2 AM. It helps me know who is a valid prospect, who isn't.

Last edited:
OK, I lied.

$24 for 2,000 emails.

$36 for premium service (which I never saw a need to use) adds in goodies like sending a message to your cell phone, XML downloading of data, etc.

I think the free trial gives you 25 or 50 emails.

Works like a charm.

Back