Lead in California - Orange County

Re: Lead in California ( Orange County

Silly me. I assumed that when someone posts they have a lead, they are simply trying to help the prospect. But this guy apparently needs a few bucks to pay the rental on his furnished trailer. Here are the messages that went back and forth.

Looks to me that the Elf is not a teacher but a taker.

GreenSky

Definitely would like the lead. I'm at 818-342-xxx0 or [email protected].

ELFTEACHER

Great. That would be $10 and you my paypal email is [email protected]

I believe an exclusive "hot" lead is worth it. I pay $6 for shared med sup leads, so why should this not be worth at least $10.

The lady needs to move now. She somehow got a bug up her arse about AARP and wants to get out from them. She is 65 and I did talk to her because she did not indicate her zip code and I thought she was in Iowa. She really likes me and would consider you "my friend."

I told her I would find and agent in CA to call her.

GreenSky

Thanks but I'll pass on the $10.

I just don't pay other agents for their leads. If I sell it, happy to reimburse your costs.

Otherwise, good luck.

Rick

ELFTEACHER

Rick:

I don't know how to tell this but it is not up to you to dicate the terms of my deal. I think I am helping my fellow agents here on this forum by selling these leads. I am as firm on never giving them away ( which seems ridiculous) as you are never buying them. As another poster said, move on then. But don't PM looking for a handout, or dicate to me how the deal would play out.

But just for the fun of it my "costs" would be around $300 as that is how much I have in my new website. Are you prepared to pay that?

Just so you know that I am not getting you or your buddies "advice" for free, as you are all on ignore.

GreenSky

You can do what you want. Never dictated a damn thing to you. If I wanted to pay $10 I would.

But when you post you have a lead, at least have the courtesy to post the cost. Had I known up front it was not an offer of a lead but an offer to sell, I would never have responded.

You can think me a jerk if you want as I couldn’t give a rat’s ass. But you, my friend, are an ***.

Love and kisses,

Rick

All this *** had to do was post that he had a lead and wanted $10 for it. But in a typical dishonest, bait and switch fashion, he only mentioned the price after I was interested.

Wonder how he screws his insurance clients (if he has any).

Rick

Last edited:

Mooch; I don't know what you posted here, but you are a piece of work.

About once a month I get a lead for an "inexepensive" FE or a MAPD from client who has a mom or dad living in some horrible state like Maine or Texas :) and so I contact someone from this list that I know who lives there (the little state flags on this site work well for that) or I ask around... and call or email and see if they want to work it. (No one refuses!)

In return I always ask (not demand) that if the agent sells the case, that they send me a Starbuck's card for whatever amount they feel is right AND to return the referral if they hear of something in CA.

I've never NOT gotten a gift card back on a sale... usually for either $10 or $20. Maybe twice someone has sent me a lead in return. (Last year, one guy ended up selling a big life policy to the family and he sent me a gift card for dinner for two at Ruth's Chriss... that ain't cheap. (You can find out where these large chains have restaurants from the web.))

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency

Other than the lead vendors, I can't think of anyone else who offers leads for sale. Heck, even some of the vendors give away leads from time to time.

Today my local insurance agent friend sold $800 premium on a case that I referred to him. I don't care if he even thanks me.

Some of you guys may think your way has got to be the right way, and I have seen the likes of you before in other venues, but I don't agree, nor did the guy who bought the Georgia lead.

Apparently you think it is beneath you to pay for a lead from another agent, yet you talk here about buying old leads for 25 cents a piece!

I believe I am doing a complete stranger a FAVOR by alerting you to a quite hot lead. If you don't see it that way you are the loser.

I can live without your $10.

You may have lost hundreds.

I have 12 NR licenses and California is going to be my next one as that lady wanted to buy NOW.

I missed her but I won't miss the next one in CA. I can sell many of my plans over the phone and have absolute quoting availabilty.

You got a gift card, so what. You got a big steak dinner when the guy may have made thousands. Woopi.

I would have got an NR license on that case and asked to split the case.

EFL, do us a favor. Don't try and justify your lack of professionalism. No one here is impressed.

If you don't need the $10, why ask for it? Hint: Give out the info to a good agent for free, and maybe they'll send you one back that you could earn far more than $10 on down the line.

Back