Leads Buying Warnings

So for 300.00 you ae guarnteeing me 12 in person appointments? Is this what you are saying? Color me a bit skeptical...and I find it interesting if you do not fulfill this, instead of offering $$$ back you offer another "file" which could be just as bad

gbbeng1, read this,
Your are supplied with the contacts Name, Home Address, Age, Date of Birth, Income, Type of Dwelling, Home Value, Length of Residence and Home or Cell Numbers, so that you may contact them directly. All of our files are scrubbed against the National-Do-Not-Call Registry.
We are prepared to make your initial file cost effective so you can see how our files can support your growing business. Today you can contact 100 people on our file for only $299.95.
Due to the HIGH SUCCESS RATE of this file we provide the following PROMISES:
  1. 100% connect rate.
  2. We provide you with a 6 month industry wide exclusive on the file. Names are never sold to more than one agent.
  3. We feel so confident in our files that we are offering our clients a 30 Day Trial. If you do not sit with at least 12 individuals per 100 prospects over a 30 day period, we will unconditionally provide you with a full replacement of your order providing you with a fresh file.
I have been very successful in working with many agents and helping them increase their Life Ins, Long Term Care and Annuity Sales. These file are limited, time sensitive and currently available in your area. If you feel this can fit into your marketing program or have any questions, you may contact me directly by phone at 855-235-0871 Ext. 4003 or reply to this email. I look forward to assisting you with your marketing efforts.
I am not going to waste any of my time with you, so if you don't believe that I have 9 other warranties or guarantees, thats fine. I simply wanted to warn other agents about these companies. Sorry about your sour grapes!

and this is breaking news??????
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I know we bash all lead companies, but I wonder how many times if the agent was worth anything, they would have closed the lead?

better off randomly trying to close a name from a phone book..at least it would be a real name.

Last edited:
Once again leads do not pay for personal lines. They are not reliable and most are shady. Pre set is the only way to go and WILL work for the commercial lines or B2B. to justify that 4 grand you should have received at least 25 face to face meetings and closed 5 deals that is the least. Sorry for your luck, use this forum as a tool and it will work out better for you.

I know we bash all lead companies, but I wonder how many times if the agent was worth anything, they would have closed the lead?

That is just it. Even if an agent who couldn't close a door had the best lead provider in the business, it would still always be the lead providers fault.

That is just it. Even if an agent who couldn't close a door had the best lead provider in the business, it would still always be the lead providers fault.

Amen, that is exactly right, so to counter act that put results on the board that can not be disputed. All the information is correct and the DM knows they are coming out and why they are coming out, and they are in the process of renewal. If you can't close 20% of those appointments something is wrong and you will have to re-think your closing strat.

:idea:

I don't think it is always the lead companies fault. I've seen agent think they have bad leads and give them away to other agents and then the other agent sells the client and the 1st agent gets mad.

If you go through the forum almost every lead provider, every lead method and every lead style has been slammed time and time again. If they are all so bad, why do agents keep buying them? :1baffled:

What if there was a website where consumers would be matched with you agents? Consumer fills out the fields in which they want help with. That info goes into a system that matches them with the best qualified agent. Agents put in their filters for their best products. Consumer can see the agents profile they are matched with. Including employer, experience, reviews from other customers even a picture if provided along with a background check on the agent. The more good reviews and info and closed deals the agent does the more consumers they are matched with. Basically over time elminating all the bad agents on the site leaving only the good ones. Agents just pay a monthly fee to be on the site no per lead bought. You could get 1 in a week you could get 10 clients.

What do you guys think about something like this? There is way more to it but, this is the skinny of it.

Dgl...I think you mean well, but your best bet is to develop your product and WHEN IT IS FINISHED, come back and offer some free trials and see what the reaction is.

If favorable, you'll make a ton of money. If not, then...well...I don't know.

Broker websites have always been and will continue to be the best source of leads. But give it a shot and let us know when you have a steady flow of unincentiivized and unaffiliated leads.

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebExperience was used in this post

Last edited:
Back