Leads Input from FE and MedSupp Agents

Let me get this straight ... JG says that would not be considered a lead in his book ... But it has the highest closing percentage of any possible answers.... ;) Sorry JG, you set yourself up for this one!!! ---------- My theory is - these people never thought about it, and after they get the phone call, they go check and get concerned they are paying too much. I have seen that happen on multiple occasions. "My premium is only suppose to be $155, why is it $205 now !!!!! "

No one considers it a lead but me.

----------

Let me get this straight ... JG says that would not be considered a lead in his book ... But it has the highest closing percentage of any possible answers.... ;) Sorry JG, you set yourself up for this one!!! ---------- My theory is - these people never thought about it, and after they get the phone call, they go check and get concerned they are paying too much. I have seen that happen on multiple occasions. "My premium is only suppose to be $155, why is it $205 now !!!!! "

I have Analytics on everything.....

My theory is - these people never thought about it, and after they get the phone call, they go check and get concerned they are paying too much.

I have seen that happen on multiple occasions.

"My premium is only suppose to be $155, why is it $205 now !!!!! "

I have made sales because of that.

Let me get this straight ...

JG says that would not be considered a lead in his book ...

But it has the highest closing percentage of any possible answers.... ;)

Sorry JG, you set yourself up for this one!!!

----------

My theory is - these people never thought about it, and after they get the phone call, they go check and get concerned they are paying too much.

I have seen that happen on multiple occasions.

"My premium is only suppose to be $155, why is it $205 now !!!!! "

You b a s t a d LOL:D You know what I mean....but Thad got it right, most MS agents are weak.

----------

Ok, I will be the one to say it.

Generally speaking, Medicare Supplement Agents are weak.

The reason most, if not all vendors who sell MS leads either stop or raise the rates is because MS agents want and expect too much. They are too weak to hire their own telemarketer or develop their own DM lead.

We say Medicare supplement like 10 times during conversation.
We ask which plan they have F,G, or N.
We ask do you pay over $123 per month?
We ask do you pay a co-pay when you go to the Dr?
We ask what is the name of the company you use for you MS plan?

We tested over and over and over and the highest close rate was with the leads that said "i don't know to most if not all of the questions".

The leads that answered the questions in a positive manner, meaning most likely a MS client, which was very few and would have made the lead cost more than an agent wants to pay, the close rate was significantly less that the "i dunno group".

I have been in hundreds of homes where in I ask the lead how much do you pay? "I dunno", who do you use for your health insurance? "i dunno", can you go grab your card for me, " ok" 15 minutes later they bring there Medicare card, No I meant your other health insurance card, they bring their Part D card, etc etc.

The bottom line is if a person goes thru a 4 minute phone call and tries to answer the questions and says they want a call back it is a lead, and we made sales from every catagory you can think of.

The difference between weak agents and not, is the ones that are not, figured out how to maximize the leads, which is easy to do.

FYI I do not sell MS leads to retail agents, I use them for my own call center, I learned the hard way that you can't make MS agents happy. But somehow the leads work for my call center.

And these would be the other reasons we pulled our medsupp leads for now:D:D

After 15 years, I have worked every lead type there is for Med Supps:

I started with UA's "free" direct mail leads. Those were fun-ny.
Then for 3 years I cold-called myself and built a decent book and thick skin.
Then I did my own direct mail campaigns with Lead Concepts for about 2 years.
Then I bought internet leads for about a year from pretty much all of the big lead vendors.
From there I moved on to mailing out postcards of my own.
Next, I hired my own telemarketer...and she was very good. Did that for two more years until I got bored with that.
Then I built a relationship with a large association (that was the 2nd best thing I ever did for generating leads) and since I did not need to chase leads anymore I invested in learning how to generate my own internet leads (that was the 3rd best thing I ever did for generating leads but it's also the most time-consuming and expensive to learn).

So what was the 1st best thing I ever did for lead gen? By far, the best thing I ever did was work the leads I had in hand after coming to the realization that it really does not matter how I get my leads as long as the ROI is there because they all work if you work 'em! I just get bored with the same techniques every few years and need to switch things up.

A lead is simply a tool that leeeeeeaaaads you into a conversation with someone that is qualified (*ideally by interest and/or need) to become a client. It's when agents start viewing leads as short cuts to easy sales that they become problematic. Yes, there are good leads and there are bad leads. A good lead to me is the one I have engaged on the phone or in an email. The rest is up to me.

*Too many Med Supp agents only focus on the interest. That can be a great lead, yes. But if you can qualify the need first, which is easy to do, then you as the salesperson should be able to (with time, persistency, and training) generate the interest.

Seriously???

Medicare Supplement Agents are weak

because MS agents want and expect too much

And these would be the other reasons we pulled our medsupp leads for now

You make it sound like MS agents are whiny B's ;)

I HATE telemarketed leads. Not because I'm weak (or at least my book doesn't think I'm weak), but they aren't a good fit for me. I would suck at a call center, too. I've tried, I've spent the money. I might as well have bought lottery tickets. My return would have been better.

I am seriously thinking about doing some DM, where it creates inbound calls. Maybe. In rural areas (thanks Fortune) where they aren't getting the onslaught of mail and the MA penetration is under 20%. And where THEY CALL ME. But that's mainly because I am going to be bored after 1/1 with the ACA implosion. And if I can sell 1 policy for every $500 spent, I'm satisfied with the COA.

I am 100% referral based, people are handed to me on a platter. From either a current client or their financial planner. I will spend less than $500 on marketing this year. My COA is under $3 per policy (that's for O65, U65 and Group). That's not weak. That's figuring out where my strengths and weakness's lie.

Some people can't deal with the rejection (not sure why they are in sales, but whatever)

Some people CANNOT cold call. (That would be me)

What I can do is answer the phone and be the sweetest TX gal, with the right accent who can explain what Medicare is and isn't and why they want to do business with ME, not the *** who has been doing this for 6 months.

Love RV's analysis. All leads work, if you work the leads. And when he gets bored, he does something else.

But assuming we are all weak, because we don't work the same way you do, is crap ;)

I did this with my postcards and that's about the return I got too.

I am seriously thinking about doing some DM, where it creates inbound calls. Maybe. In rural areas (thanks Fortune) where they aren't getting the onslaught of mail and the MA penetration is under 20%. And where THEY CALL ME. But that's mainly because I am going to be bored after 1/1 with the ACA implosion. And if I can sell 1 policy for every $500 spent, I'm satisfied with the COA.

^^^ That is some smart strategic marketing ;)

With a $500 COA budget, you should do great with that model.

Life time client value being a minimum of about (yes, this varies) $1500 you are still tripling your money over 6 years ....

If you took your money to a financial planner, most would tell you they think they can "double" your investment in 6 years at best and they don't guarantee anything.

Are there any true good Med Supp leads? What I found so for have not worked out as well. Pretty much what the discussion is about.

Instead of looking for the next "true good" lead...what have you tried so far? and what do you mean by "not worked out"?

Are there any true good Med Supp leads? What I found so for have not worked out as well. Pretty much what the discussion is about.

Do sell F2F? Over the phone? Seminar style? Which style works best for you?

And the rest of what RV said. ;)

Back