Leads on a Budget?

5starfinancialhealth

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So basically im taking a risk, and im going to go into this with a 1k lead budget and starting out with advances. I only have to survive the first week as the carriers im contracting with advance and pay weekly.

I really only need to write about 5 policies to obtain an adequate lead budget from advances the first week at a minimum. With that being said...

My question is this: How should I go about leads?

What I was thinking is buying a list of 1k leads for like $100
Than doing all live transfers with the other $900

Assuming im going to be paying $30 a xfer that will give me 30 xfer's to work with.

I know the closing ratio on web leads is about 1 in 20 if your new and 1 in 15 if your seasoned.

Am I better off just sticking with live transfers? Or should I invest in about 110 web leads? I just feel a bit iffy about web leads as of late.
What would you guys recommend?

My goal is 5 + health policies

-Andrew

With only $1000, go with dialing for dollars, no web leads, no direct transfers, do it yourself.

Also, the carrier may advance and pay weekly, but when do they pay? On submission? If so, chargebacks will KILL you. After underwriting and approved? If so, it may take a few weeks to get paid.

Walk through this with someone exactly how the payments work. Make sure there isn't a 2 month delay in that weekly pay. It happens.

At the very least, you need at least 3 weeks of leads to work. This is why I would highly recommend dialing for dollars, since you can stretch the budget.

Also, with health, you might try some aged leads to dabble in webleads without the big expense. Buy 100 and see how they work.

Dan

With only $1000, go with dialing for dollars, no web leads, no direct transfers, do it yourself.

Also, the carrier may advance and pay weekly, but when do they pay? On submission? If so, chargebacks will KILL you. After underwriting and approved? If so, it may take a few weeks to get paid.

Walk through this with someone exactly how the payments work. Make sure there isn't a 2 month delay in that weekly pay. It happens.

At the very least, you need at least 3 weeks of leads to work. This is why I would highly recommend dialing for dollars, since you can stretch the budget.

Also, with health, you might try some aged leads to dabble in webleads without the big expense. Buy 100 and see how they work.

Dan

Thanks for the reply. I will make sure to discuss the advance issue with the carrier prior to taking the dive to avoid bankrupting my self. When you say dialing for dollars, what is that exactly?

"Survive the first week". Are shi*tin' me man?

Get real. Get a job, or beg, borrow and/or steal some working capital to give yourself a friggin' chance.

I can save up more, I work for an agency right now but it's just so painful knowing what I could be making on the deals I write. After consideration I think I will save up 5k to give my self a fighting chance

"Survive the first week". Are shi*tin' me man?

Get real. Get a job, or beg, borrow and/or steal some working capital to give yourself a friggin' chance.

Here is what I would say to that.

1st Get a part time Job to simply help you with your marketing budget. If you are doing FE you can start mail drops for as low as $350 a week. Consistency is the key I spend about $400 per week

2nd Learn all you can, can all you learn and go to work!!!

$1,000 Is a great start you are going to spend more than that once you learn what works for you. I know agents that spend about $5,000 a month but they make half a million dollars a year just selling Life insurance!!!!

Whatever you do, make sure you have a system to track your results. Radius has a free plan that will get you started. More on Radius here...

And you'll want a website to validate that you're legit. If you're on a budget, take advantage of our thirty day free trial which will get you started. More on insurance websites here...

Aaron

I do appreciate these resources. checked both out and both look wonderful. thanks so much
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here is what I would say to that.

1st Get a part time Job to simply help you with your marketing budget. If you are doing FE you can start mail drops for as low as $350 a week. Consistency is the key I spend about $400 per week

2nd Learn all you can, can all you learn and go to work!!!

$1,000 Is a great start you are going to spend more than that once you learn what works for you. I know agents that spend about $5,000 a month but they make half a million dollars a year just selling Life insurance!!!!

Thanks. your reply inspired hope that I can actually make this happen and be successful with this. I will look into mail drops for sure.

-Andrew

Last edited:
Go with telemarketed leads, you'll get them in 3-5 days, mailouts- you better be prepared to wait 2-3 weeks and gamble you might get back 5 of them- it's a slow death

Go buy 1000 names from MoO or someone else on here.. 65-80 age range.. go bang on 30-40 of those a day along with your tele leads and you'll have a fighting chance

Back