Learned Something else this Week

Just looked on the Americo site and saw issued/not paid. Female age 60 $10,000 UPII $54.07 monthly. Maybe the list of medications was not current, but she told me she took all of them. Now are those pigs flying at your house Baseball7? I didn't see any here when I drove home from eating out.

You lucked out I can't get regular COPD issued up2 with them anymore.

You lucked out I can't get regular COPD issued up2 with them anymore.

I spoke to a rep from Americo at the blitz this week. He says that UP will be moving over to the same UW point process that Eagle uses in the next couple weeks.

He also says he's gonna get me on the phone with an UW to try and explain their funky UW. From what I can tell, it has to do with combo meds. They def don't like diabetes and blood thinners.

I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully I can pick their brain and figure this UW thing out.

I spoke to a rep from Americo at the blitz this week. He says that UP will be moving over to the same UW point process that Eagle uses in the next couple weeks.

He also says he's gonna get me on the phone with an UW to try and explain their funky UW. From what I can tell, it has to do with combo meds. They def don't like diabetes and blood thinners.

I'm not holding my breath, but hopefully I can pick their brain and figure this UW thing out.

With all the other carriers available, why bother?

With all the other carriers available, why bother?

That's right. I want to use carriers that make my job easier, not harder.

There's always going to be special cases where you just have to deal with hard to work with companies but those should be few and far between.

Especially when the hard to work with company doesn't really offer any value to the agent or client.

Take UHL for instance. Someone told me they are good for the healthy person confined to a wheelchair. :laugh: My response was, "ok, I will send every healthy confined to a wheelchair person I run across to you so you can place them with UHL".

I spoke to a rep from Americo at the blitz this week. He says that UP will be moving over to the same UW point process that Eagle uses in the next couple

What do mean? I spoke to our main rep about the issues with UP and the vibe I got is there is no intention to nove that to instant decision.

They use a score/table rate sysyem to each issue the person has to decide if they quality. The field underwriting is NOT the deciding factor.

Eagle is strong with asthma, insulin, thinners, 1 yr look back in Stroke/MI, and when avail by state including ADR and common carrier.

What do mean? I spoke to our main rep about the issues with UP and the vibe I got is there is no intention to nove that to instant decision.

They use a score/table rate sysyem to each issue the person has to decide if they quality. The field underwriting is NOT the deciding factor.

Eagle is strong with asthma, insulin, thinners, 1 yr look back in Stroke/MI, and when avail by state including ADR and common carrier.

It's not going instant decision. Just a different underwriting protocol that's based solely of off a risk index put together by Milliman, which who who does their intelliscript. It's not something that the agent will see anything the agent will even notice, other than supposedly getting more of their business issued as applied for.
They made the same switch with Eagle a few months back. Again, not something an agent would even realize unless they are told about it.
They have also pulled the Eagle drug guide, saying that it is inaccurate. As of yesterday I was told not to use the UP drug guide either, stating that it was outdated.

It's not going instant decision. Just a different underwriting protocol that's based solely of off a risk index put together by Milliman, which who who does their intelliscript. It's not something that the agent will see anything the agent will even notice, other than supposedly getting more of their business issued as applied for.
They made the same switch with Eagle a few months back. Again, not something an agent would even realize unless they are told about it.
They have also pulled the Eagle drug guide, saying that it is inaccurate. As of yesterday I was told not to use the UP drug guide either, stating that it was outdated.

Basically... just roll the dice and send Americo your business?

I can think of more effective ways to waste my time.

Dave in there defense at least Eagle is more predictable and provides a yes/no in 5-7min vs thinking you have UP biz and learning the next morning you don't.

Spoke with Americo and they are definitely relaxing their underwriting. Also, according to underwriting, taking Nitro is not always a decline, it depends on the answers to section 2 of the app. Also, isosorbide is UP2 when used as maintenance. So, thinks are definitely looking up!

Back