Leaving your business card.

I guess us new guys & gals are lucky - we get all the training we want - we just have to ask for it (here) !!!

John,

Yep. Well, the two hours also included lunch where he spent that time telling me how big, powerful and wonderful he was. I was soooooooooo impressed.

He asked for separate checks. LOL

Last edited:
Somarco,

My business card looks something like this.

Your Insurance Agent

Frank J. Stastny

7405 State Road Z Office: 573.642.8338
Fulton, MO 65251 Toll-free: 877.633.0808
E-mail: [email protected]

I buy light gray, laid finish card stock, print them on my computer and then take them to a printer to have them cut to size. They do a much better job of cutting them than I can.

I can't seem to get blank spaces between the address and the phone numbers but I think you can get the idea.​

Last edited:
Your business card is a mini billboard. If folks have no compelling reason to keep your card they have no reason to call.

Several years ago I met a fellow in the lumber business. His card was imprinted on a wood grain and actually had a raised grain feel. Since I was not in the market for lumber, I didn't keep the card very long other than for the novelty effect. Still, it had an impact.

Folks like free information. The more free stuff (that is useful, not just a sales pitch) the better. I devote one page on my site to (almost) nothing but free information.

http://bobvineyard.com/PAP.htm

Some cards direct you to an informational website. Others to pre-recorded messages. (Everyone has access to a phone, not everyone has internet access).

Something to consider.

I'm think that a refrigerator magnet is much better than a business card and I've been thinking of getting some myself. I know that a high percentage of prospects and clients misplace my card somehow or another and end up calling the company's 800 number and may end up dealing with another agent as a result. I have also recently gotten a toll free number (it's very inexpensive) so my clients won't have to call long distance to reach me.

Al, Nice looking card. Neat, clean and not cluttered whit a bunch of crap.

Cenla, One of the first questions I'm asked by a prospect is whether or not I have a toll-free number. Even if they have unlimited long distance, they still want my toll-free number.

I pay $.06 per minute for calls from the US and either that, or not much more for calls from Canada. My clients in other countries send me an e-mail and I call them. I have found it is a lot less expensive for me to do it that way.

Back