LegalShield and Insurance Agents.

I wrote a much longer response which I hope the mods won't post due to length. Just to clear up a point made. There is no requirement for associates to have a membership to remain active.

There's no requirement for anyone to have a membership to offer LegalShield. If a person does not have a membership there is a small production requirement to stay active. That being said that's a option on the regular associate side but if that's an issue for any agent who has a desire to offer LS memberships in the broker side I can check on that question to see if it pertains to insurance agents. As for a comparison to Legalzoom. Legalshield members have access to legal documents included with the memberships and they can have the document reviewed by the LegalShield provider attorney per membership contract while from my understanding competitors will suggest people have documents reviewed by their own Attorney which should mean an additional cost to them. When looking at it from a insurance producer side a real simple answer is you won't be compensated for referring your clients to companies like Legalzoom but with LegalShield you can be compensated for offering the memberships. Then there's also the consideration tate LegalShield offers an Identity theft plan with Kroll. Just as a point of information. I have inquired more about the LegalShield broker program and any licensed insurance agent can offer LegalShield memberships with no initial signup fee. There are two no fee positions to consider when comng aboard as broker. One is a GA position and the other is a straight broker position. Please contact me for more information. For those who would like to consider offering the LegalShield memberships I would recommend you get a membership and try it out especially if you don't at least have a Will, Living Will and a Healthcare Power Of Attorney which are included in the membership (See membership Contract). The monthly family memberships fee is less than $20 a month with a one time $10.00 application fee. The membership is month to month with no long term contract. No underwriting. Contact me to get a membership, get the documents done and test it out by working with the provide Law Firm and then offer it to your clients. Kind of like test driving a membership. Here's the bottom line. No signup fee for licensed insurance agents. Two position available. Feel free to ask about Performance Club and Platinum level qualification. As a few states require licensing to offer LS memberships (No licensing requirement to offer ID Theft) there may be a fee for a licensed state. Just make sure to ask if you are in a licensed state and I can check for you. In many states it's just a case of paying an extra fee for the licensing. Then in others there may be a P/C license requirement. Take a look at this 4 minute video and or listen in on the Wednesday conference call mentioned. Contact me and lets get you signed up. As a business person I understand you want to know the service works and the checks clear. For more information feel free to email me at [email protected] or send me a pm message with contact information and I will get back with you. All communications will be kept confidential. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtopGHf95Q

I see you are going with the "soft" sell.

Yes I am. As I have already told a few people most is basically about getting those who may be interested to just ask for more information as I am find out there is so much misinformation out about LegalShield formerly Pre-Paid Legal.

I myself don't really think the product or opportunity needs to be sold people just have to take a serious look at the business and product. How many insurance agents clients die without a Will and how many have legal questions but think speaking with an Attorney cost big bucks?

Well I'm sure by now people get it. I just wanted to give an up date on what's happening at LegalShield. LegalShield now has an Affinity Program. So the word is starting to get out in a big way.

For those who have not heard LegalShield does have a program call Performance Club. Five points a month for 12 and you get a choice between a cash lifestyle bonus and a car bonus. To keep it simple just consider five points being 5 membership sales a month.

Make 5 sales a month for 12 months and use the cash bonus to help fund your leads or get the car bonus towards a lease or buy a BMW.

Currently for those who wish to go the associate route for the month of July the associate fee has been reduced to $75 from $149. Then of course there is the no fee option for licensed insurance Agents.

As I know some people know of other agents who they are acquainted with, I know because I have had people mine me for information and go with their buddy which is ok because I plan to go Platinum Club with LegalSheild which offers compensation from business done from the entire field force. Which is another whole different posting at a later date.

If anyone does know anyone else with LS and they have a desire to join their team make sure you know the difference between coming in as a paying associate and a no fee associate. It's not just about if you want to recruit or not. There are specifics to consider.

As the say anywho here is a short video about Performance club.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought really long and hard about posting this. I think its funny as how you were trying to get agents to spend $75 and they would come in at the bottom level and you could override them. Then when I posted about the broker program you came back and said they could be appointed at no cost.

I hope that this is a case of you not knowing the facts rather than an integrity issue. it is extremely important that you represent the program correctly so that people's opinions of Legal Shield improve.
Its not important to me whether or not people contract through me, you or anyone else. I would just like people to have correct information on the front end.

If you or anyone would like to know the details of the broker prog ram, feel free to call me.

To Gimp. I knew about the broker program but I didn't know specifics until I called marketing. When I do not know something I find out or direct people to a source where they can get correct information. Such as when I find someone is serious about LegalShield I will suggest they read the success guide which spells out everything.

As for the Broker program there are considerations to consider beyond coming in at no cost and paying the current new associate promotional $75 for July 2014 or the regular $149. I'm sure you know there are potential over ride differences and advance verse as earned considerations between the two programs. Then there's also the incentive considerations between which way a person comes in.

If anyone did show any interest I would give them the information and another contact person and let them make a choice which way to go because it's not like anything would be hidden from them.

Now this is just my opinion, I think the best way to go is to pay the fee and build the business the non-broker way but I do know some people just don't want to build with recruiting. So the Broker program may be a good fit for them.

There was no intent on my part to mislead anyone. As all anyone would have to do is contact marketing or contact the Broker division to verify anything.

Just wanted to jump in real quick....I know Cornelius has been 'the' L/S advocate here for a while, and I've jumped on and off the L/S bandwagon (back on) anyway.

It looks like there is a 'little' confusion regarding the broker division's offerings...
The Gimp is correct that licensed agents don't have to pay ANY associate fee at all and can start higher up the comp plan.

However the program has a few different options that can sometimes be misunderstood as 'absolutes' depending on how you got your knowledge and who presented it to you, so I can see 'how' it may look like a person isn't giving the WHOLE truth when in fact they just don't KNOW all the options.

Ex: As a 'regular' associate that hasn't gone thru and become what's called 'broker certified' you might not know there a 'few' options not just ONE contract that can be offered to insurance agents....

So Cornelius may have honestly not known that the recruit, non-recruit options BOTH exist depending upon which contract is presented to the agent (the problem is some associates don't know that there are different contracts, case in point)

There are General agency contracts, there is an option to be a part of 'building' but there also is an option where the 'broker' would not be included in any of the 'networking' communication and there is the ability to just allow for a small finder's fee and be involved only to redirect clients to more of a 'partner associate' to present and sell the product. And there is an option to just get a LEVEL commission, period (mirroring a lot of insurance industry offerings)

The new management team has the broker division set up and running more and more like a traditional insurance type operation in an effort to attract and keep more i/a either around or at least as introducers of the product...

With the most recent additions of
Jeff Bell of Xbox (Rock Band, Madden and Halo 3) and Chrysler fame (Chrysler 300) and James Rosseau the former Prez over at Allstate's affinity program as well as having time spent over at JPMorgan Chase
they are not BS-ing about trying to attract 'real' agents to do this thing 'right'....

I can help w/ questions if you have 'em but frankly b/c 'most' i/a's don't/won't sell much insurance let alone an extra product I rarely recruit another agent, they are enough of a PIA regarding selling insurance, so with a reduced override (b/c they've start so high in the comp plan) what's the point? to hear them bitch as to why they are having an issue selling yet ANOTHER product?

No thanks, questions I'll answer but most won't sale many ...not b/c of the product but b/c of the same reason ppl don't sale enough of (fill in the blank).

Most of US on this forum know that and that's why we 'sling' ish ourselves....'teams' SOUND great but most 'real' producers are too busy 'producing' than to waste time recruiting 'producers'.

Ok then.... i'll go back dormant for awhile....good to 'see' you guys are still pumping out content...keep it up guys, i'll be reading from time to time.

Later:)

LegalShield updates:

Missouri is now a no license state. There is no license requirement to offer LegalShield memberships in the state of Missouri.

For the remainder of 2014 the New associate fee is $99 for those who come into the business directly to LegalShield. For Licensed insurance agents there is a no fee program option.

LegalShield now has an affiliate division. Associates can now offer the opportunity to offer memberships with a company or organization per affiliate marketing. This is something new so more information to come later on.

LegalShield now offers a SucceedCRM system to help with marketing. If anyone would like a demonstration of the system feel free to contact me. I will need your name and a valid email address. Currently the system is not available to Brokers but is available to General Agents.

Feel free to contact me for more information.

It's hard to take a company and their service serious when they require sales reps to be customers too. That generally means the company didn't do so well marketing the product on their own and had to create an Amway type business opportunity to increase enrollment.

Not even sure this counts as an "offer".
Don't you own insurance products that you sell?

Latest posts

Back