Liberty Mutual Non-compete and Feedback Working for them

Vbarone23

Expert
Hello,

I am looking into possibly taking a job with liberty mutual, I am wondering what specifically their two year non compete clause covers, as well as feedback for anyone who has worked with them, I am also considering MassMutual which was mentioned in a different thread.

Thank You

Where do you want to be in 5 years?

Selling P&C?

Or Selling Life Insurance and being a Financial Planner?

That will answer your question.

Either way...good luck!

I am in the interview process with LM. Can anyone give me a few pointers in regards to creating he marketing plan?

Non-compete or non-solicit? There are two different things.

Non-competes are difficult to enforce as they usually require that you CAN'T do business within a certain geographic radius of your office or home.

Non-solicits are generally that you won't contact current policy holders and change them to a new company, or recruit other agents in the office for a period of time - usually 1-2 years.

Btw, as another thought - did you consider Prudential? Prudential also offers Liberty Mutual auto & homeowners policies.

https://www.prudential.com/public/libertyphp

I have called the branch manager to ask to see it and I did not hear back, also no I have not looked into them, the biggest factor between the two is that one is commission only and the other at least offers a base that drops, and renewals aren't great at all. Just trying to make the best decision as someone graduating college, I know that if I work hard at the all commission, I can be successful, Ive done it before

Okay, I will call them tomorrow and see what they say if I am not allowed to work for another company, then I am not sure, I am just still tore in what direction to go/who to work for.

If you're successful at generating business, you won't have time to chase old clients. It's not worth messing with it when carriers have deep pockets & can bury you.

Liberty Mutual is a starting place. You either learn the business & then open an IA after 2 years....or you stay with LM forever & never make good money....or quit insurance entirely after a few years there.

Back