Liberty Mutual

Stay away unless you have a short term plan. I worked there almost five years. At the time they vested their pension at five years. My buddy was let go in his eleventh month of his fourth year. This was the midwest region personal lines area. St. Louis, Kansas City, Chicago, Indianapolis group. Most of the leaders are gone but a few managers have lasted. I would only go there with plans on leaving within three years. Good company with the above problems.

Gulliver

I was recruited by these guys last year. During the interview process it became crystal clear that my background in senior sales would not translate to their "target market." So, I didn't get past the second interview. My interest in the company was based on the "cradle" of compensation and benefits. When I was introduced to some of the agents to ask questions, I thought I was in the sales meeting at Glenngarry Glen Ross. The blokes looked like they hadn't sold a thing in months and were on their last legs...

I was recruited by these guys last year. During the interview process it became crystal clear that my background in senior sales would not translate to their "target market." So, I didn't get past the second interview.

I don't understand ... why would senior focus disqualify you?

I don't understand ... why would senior focus disqualify you?

Because, as the imminently knowledgeable district manager said: "Your client base of Medicare and FE customers aren't really the target customers that you would be pursuing here." He was greatly concerned that I didn't have a waiting base of customers to roll...

oh, he wanted your book of business? right? And thought you were too retarded to talk to middle age people ... whateva ...

i had a phone interview with them and they asked me the stupidst questions ever.

I told her, "what??? I have never thought about that in my life and after I passed on answering two questions, I told her that if I had to pretend to know an answer to these silly questions, then I'm not interested ... they have nothing to do with real life and the world of sales ..." she was shocked, and that was the end of my future with Liberty Mutual ... I'm glad I went independent instead ... I couldn't handle if they expected me to think in those terms ...

1. Where were you born?
2. What is your age?

Uh, no ...

it's been a long time but it was like this:

1. Can you give us a specific time when you were faced with a challenge and you had to stick to your game plan to achieve the goal that you originally intended on achieving.

2. Can you give us a specific time where you had goals and had to avoid a situation or had to stick to your guns in order to achieve them ...

Well, something like that but much more vague and hard for me to remember. Anyway, I've been through a lot of interviews and I always get hired ... I can BS the answers if I have to ... but these questions were so vague, it was hard to wrap my mind around what they were talking about.

What about the question in Airplane?

"Tell me, have you ever seen a grown man naked?"
"Ever been inside a turkish bath?"

Those would appear more relevant.

Back