Licensed in 43 States- Easiest Way to Resign in All?

iuecon99

Expert
I was employed by a company to sell auto insurance. I quit the job and have no intention of using my P&C license. The company got me licensed in 42 states in addition to my home state.
How do I resign all 43 licenses? I do not have hard copies of the licenses as the company retained all paperwork. Don't really want to call every single state. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you cancel your resident license the rest are no longer valid by default.
If you're not planning to sell p&c again, you could just let them expire without any phone calls...

I am with Zrac... .Whats the prob with letting them expire?

Also, what are you moving on to?

Thanks guys. I had thought about letting them expire, until I got a letter from North Carolina Department of Insurance saying the post office notified them I moved and I had to either send them $50 or send them the hard copy of my license. I can't do that as the company retained it. I can't imagine they would pursue anything though, it's not like I'm trying to sell insurance without a license or anything.

As far as what I'm moving on to- good question! I'm temping now and looking for any and all jobs, and considering going back to school. Don't think I'm cut out for insurance sales. The company I worked for required us to add on AD&D even if it was not in the customer's best interest, which was the main reason I quit.

Big (Great) Industry. Might be best to try it one more time somewhere else. On your terms. Education is great too.

Thanks- I could see possibly getting health/life license and trying that.

----------

REQUIRED to sell AD&D?
Were you selling nonstandard auto?
They kept track of what percentage of policies you attached AD&D rider to. Agents were encouraged to just throw it on there and if necessary lie and say it was required by law. AD&D is a terrible deal for the consumer.

Some nonstandard auto, yes. Not all.

----------

Well, cancelling the resident state license doesn't cancel the non-resident. And it can't be done through NIPR. So I have to contact each of the other 42 states individually. Doesn't seem possible- just to have the privilege of not selling insurance.:1smile::D

Back