Life Company Underwrite Syringomyelia?

HealthGuy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Know of a gal with this condition, declined by big name term company for life insurance. Any life carrier (not graded life ) potentially underwrite this?

If it's a definite diagnosis, minimal or moderate symptoms, no more than slow progression it starts at a T-8. Anything other than that is a decline.

Your best bet is to find a company that has a product that goes beyon a T-8 rate. Many cut off at T-8, but a few products out there will go as high as T-16. $$$.

Thank you Monkey. Can you please throw up here a company or two that underwrites above a T-8 rate ? Thanks.

Current products on the market... my knowledge is pretty limited to recent companies I've worked for or consulted to, and I know of none. I do know Life Investors (AEGON Group, Cedar Rapids IA) once had several T-16 products, as did Western Reserve Life, and SYMETRA Financial would work with reinsurers on large face amounts to pull a T-10 or T-12 back to T-8. (I think it was very premium driven and it it $$$ made sense.)

Unless others here, who are probably much better tapped into the substandard market, know of companies, you may have to fire up the phone and call around asking Sales and Marketing Depts. Good luck!

I've had good luck with Illinois Mutual for high risk cases like cancer, fibromyalgia, etc. They are as earned, but if you can help the client...good stuff!

Back