Life insurance for 10 year old with juvenile diabetes?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Anybody know a good carrier who will accept a 10-year old with juvenile diabetes? More about getting him some insurance that will stick with him forever and maybe even offer some increases along the way. Just not my normal market.

TIA

We have to know what state he’s in.
CICA is good.
Senior Life would take him too.
Any funeral preneed insurance will take him.

Anybody know a good carrier who will accept a 10-year old with juvenile diabetes? More about getting him some insurance that will stick with him forever and maybe even offer some increases along the way. Just not my normal market.

TIA
Sentinel Security should take it level as long as haven't taking more than 50 units a day in past 5 years.

We have to know what state he’s in.
CICA is good.
Senior Life would take him too.
Any funeral preneed insurance will take him.

The state is Georgia. Parents are current clients. He called wanting to get insurance on his son so that his he would have it in the future. He’s considering Globe Life which is super cheap (he said less than $15 per month for $30k of coverage).

The state is Georgia. Parents are current clients. He called wanting to get insurance on his son so that his he would have it in the future. He’s considering Globe Life which is super cheap (he said less than $15 per month for $30k of coverage).
That is cheap. Sentinel would run $27.03

My suggestion: have a Life agent get all the info. Such as onset, meds and current numbers. Get a realistic premium commitment. Get quotes that include as much GPOs as the premium will carry.

A SIWL will take care of funeral for a few years.

Ive had adults with Type1 get covered with Guardian. Not sure about a kid. That is a really early onset age. You can always pre-screen with them to see if they will consider it. Guardian has the best GIO on the market.

Would he qualify for Globe? SNL Guardian graded but the limit is $15K.

"Guardian has the best GIO on the market."
While this is true, if they would issue a policy (big if), they would not include this rider.
Childhood diabetes are difficult cases and more often than not go to reinsurance.
Once you have the numbers you can review with an underwriter and ask if the company would be willing to issue using its' internal capacity.

If he can qualify for Globe at that price without lying on their questions, then I would tell him to take that. It’s not worth digging around for a company that you don’t have to make a $15 a month sale.

Back