Life Insurance for Client with Cancer

JGold814

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
I've got a client (male, age 47, in florida) who was diagnosed with stomach cancer in March 2008. Had surgery in December 2011 to remove the cancer (surgery was successful - doctors believe they removed everything) and is taking chemo pills for the next 3-4 months to make sure it's gone (and hopefully doesn't come back).

Are there any no-exam companies that will consider coverage for this guy after he's done with the pill treatment without a postponement period or only a 1 year postponement period before issuing coverage? Everything I've seen so far is a minimum of 2 years. I thought there was at least one company that had a 1-year postponement instead of a 2-year, but can't remember who it was. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mark is right.....now once 10 years treatment free he is back in the market....

Graded coverage won't work either as treatment for cancer has occurred within the last 2 years. Trying to find a company that only has a 1-year postponement for cancer treatment. I thought I read on one company's app that asked within the last 12 months instead of within the last 2 years...but I can't remember who it was unfortunately.

Are there any guaranteed issue companies that don't require face-to-face for their apps? She's already got a 50k with presidential.

Graded coverage won't work either as treatment for cancer has occurred within the last 2 years. Trying to find a company that only has a 1-year postponement for cancer treatment. I thought I read on one company's app that asked within the last 12 months instead of within the last 2 years...but I can't remember who it was unfortunately.

Are there any guaranteed issue companies that don't require face-to-face for their apps? She's already got a 50k with presidential.

A few graded companies ask in the last year about cancer, but most dont. AMerican Amicable will let you have a graded on this person.

Also if the person goes 5 years with no treatment or problems, they can then get term or just about anything with a table rating.

He can start now with ANY of the preneed funeral companies and have 70% coverage after 12th month.

The way I sell that is if they want $10,000 coverage and premiums are not the issue (quickness of coverage is) you just sell a $14,300 policy. It will have $10,000 at the 12th month.

He can get immeadiete coverage with American Memorial FE if he applies 12-months after ALL treatments are over.

Back