Life Insurance Letters Before Birthday

Jstantontxfb

Expert
Imis this considered to be a bad thing to do?

Sending letters to people a month to 60 days before their birthday?

"Your birthdays coming up, another year older, have you considered increasing coverage for your families standard of living? Now before your x birthday would be the best time for you to do so, before your rates increase."

Would this be inappropriate? If not; how should I word it?

Thanks

Instead of telling them they should do so, I would offer a review of current coverage to be sure they have what their family needs. IMHO sending something around their birthday let's them know that you are still looking out for them and not just a salesman that got a quick sale and moved on. I need to be better about sending birthday reminders and cards out. That kind of activity has way more potential for good rather than negative.

I like Georgia's approach better. I would do a nice card with a small handwritten note and signature. Then maybe add a slip of colored paper that say something along the lines of " Hey Bob, it has been a while since we reviewed your policy and contact information. Give me a call and we can do a quick review" Just have your name, Phone number and email on it.

Better yet would be a two touch approach. Mail the card, a week later call them to wish them a happy birthday then offer to do the review. Yeah, more work, but you call them or someone like me will.:1cool:

Lee

I sat in the chair for 15 years before I started my own IMO. Not once in a birthday call/letter did I bring up business. Don't look like a salesman. Look like someone who cares. A 70 year old client will feel special with a simple card or call. She will remember that. Ps I grossed between 500-600k per year. Trust me on this.

WOW! Really?:noteworthy::jiggy::wub:

ps... Welcome to the forum,

Lee

It was to show I am not a NOVICE. Thats all. This business is all about awards, million dollar round tables etc. I say what I grossed and Im a braggard? Yet a producer can have on his card million dollar round table and hes not? unreal. Internet bullies at best. I love guys like you, its the reason we are in business. We develop clients after someone sends out a solicitation with a birthday card. lol

Most of the posters of this forum spend time giving their advice. That's how you get "trusted" on the forum. Don't take it personal, but wouldn't you rather take the advice of someone that has earned your trust or would you rather take it from someone you just met that says, "trust me"?

That is valid. Nobody needs to know how much anyone makes. I understand he was just trying to show he isn't new to the game.....

Either way his point was good. Build relationships and the rest will come.....

It was to show I am not a NOVICE. Thats all. This business is all about awards, million dollar round tables etc. I say what I grossed and Im a braggard? Yet a producer can have on his card million dollar round table and hes not? unreal. Internet bullies at best. I love guys like you, its the reason we are in business. We develop clients after someone sends out a solicitation with a birthday card. lol

Do you think we are all novices because we do not post what we make? Do you think no one has been helped in the forum till you came along? You think that I am a bully? I would be willing to bet there may be one or two people here that may have been helped by me and the other bullies a time or two. I never offered to contract any one either.

I only work my book and referrals, slick. So I know a thing or two about customer service. Most of my current sales are from request coming in to buy, Not out bound solicitation.

Again, Welcome. I suggest you reset. This place can be a great place to learn. I hope you stick around and do so. I have learned a lot here and do so daily.

weird when a thread gets moderated in the middle of you reading it........thought I was loosing it

Most of the posters of this forum spend time giving their advice. That's how you get "trusted" on the forum. Don't take it personal, but wouldn't you rather take the advice of someone that has earned your trust or would you rather take it from someone you just met that says, "trust me"?

A guy in a suit with dark sunglasses doesn't exactly come to mind when I think of TRUST.:D

Back