Life Insurance Reasons to Deny Death Benefits

Not only does the cause of death have to be an accident, but death must occur within a certain period of time. Typically 90 to 180 days after the accident.

When they give it away, it doesn't have much value.

If your family needs $100,000 if you die by accident, they need $100,000 is you die from a heart attack.

I figured the AD rider was just a way to raise potential coverage in a cheap way.

I used to sell them a lot, especially when I was had clients that were carpenters/electricians/bricklayers/etc. Car accidents injure and maim people every day. Is it likely to happen? No, but for the extra few bucks a month I think it can be a good fit.

I used to sell them a lot, especially when I was had clients that were carpenters/electricians/bricklayers/etc. Car accidents injure and maim people every day. Is it likely to happen? No, but for the extra few bucks a month I think it can be a good fit.

Sell them an accident policy. Odds are, the accident will hurt them, not kill them.

Sell them an accident policy. Odds are, the accident will hurt them, not kill them.

That was one of the products I would sell them, but the AD&D was cheap, like $5/month or something stupid cheap like that.

My favorite was listening to the electricians talk about how dangerous their job was, it made it really easy for me to convince their wives they needed life insurance.

Years ago I worked as a company rep for Maccabees Mutual. One of the other reps, a good friend of mine, set up a group life account for a bunch of coal mines in KY.

A few months later there was a cave in. 30 or so miners lost their lives.

Macc paid out a ton in death benefits because the group life included AD&D.

Somehow Larry managed to keep his job in spite of that.

Back