ListGIANT.

Hey josh have you had any success or know anyone who has ran these lists through an auto dialer to generate car insurance leads?

Autodialers are illegal (press 1 campaigns):

Voice Broadcasting Laws | Auto Dialer Services

FTC Robo Call Ban | Auto Dialer Services

That said, if you're referencing power/predictive dialers (SalesDialers, Mojo), then the answer is a resounding yes. There are a lot of agencies doing it successfully by having their own folks in house which helps keep the cost low. A lot of the larger P&C shops, or at least the ones that are growing quickly, use an aggressive approach and probably 30%-50% of them are using outbound telemarketing.

What is the difference between a power dialer or a predictive dialer and auto dialer? I googled it and cant seem to identify the difference

Add one more to your list, robo dialer.
People misuse these terms all the time and there really isn't a complete definition that is universally accepted. In general though:

Power dialer is a system that dials 1 (maybe up to 3) lines at a time, for a single user. The user is one the phone for any connects. I generally prefer the term power dialer for 1 line, but it works through a list.

Predictive dialer is multiple agents working, usually at least 5. The system dials many lines at once, trying to predict when a person will answer the phone and an agent will be available. If you have 5 users, you might be dialing 20 lines at a time. These are extremely efficient, but not for small 1 or 2 people dialing campaigns.

Auto dialer can mean whatever you want. To me, its simply something that dials the phone for you. To others, its the old 'If you want this great deal, press 1 now' type of campaign (which is mostly illegal nowadays).

Robodialer is the press 1 campaigns.

Dan

But what your saying is its pretty much illegal to have a machine dial on a list and send out recorded messages to people or answering machines?

Pretty much, yes it is.

Always? No, most times though yes.

If you call consumers, forget about it. No automated recordings. Okay, if you leave them when voicemail answers, but talk when someone answers, probably not the worse thing. Questionable whether this is legal though.

Dan

Pretty much, yes it is.

Always? No, most times though yes.

If you call consumers, forget about it. No automated recordings. Okay, if you leave them when voicemail answers, but talk when someone answers, probably not the worse thing. Questionable whether this is legal though.

It's illegal to use a prerecorded message to sell whether it's to a live person or a machine if you're talking about consumer lists with very few exceptions, the biggest one is if you have permission TO ROBO CALL. Not just an opt-in for being contacted about information, but an opt-in for using the autodialer (robo call machine).

You can do it to businesses.

so its safe to assume its not worth the effort unless I want to do all the calling?

Back