Live Tv Leads

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I saw a guy on linkedin offering live tv leads. I emailed him to find out more info.

His company places ad for life insurance on the tv and he assign you a number that will forward it to your phone live. So when they call the number, they are calling you.

You could get phone calls at 2am if people saw the ad and called in.

It looks great, but you to buy a ton of leads from him.
500+ leads a month. I believe the range per lead is something like $25 to $35 a lead.

I believe the tv ad says something like 500,000 for 15 a month or something. Kind of like a bait and switch type deal. Most of the people that call in would not get that coverage at that price.

Part of his ad is "
Live Insurance Leads generated from our National TV spots…..

Ring2 Media is looking for National partners to receive high quality/exclusive inbound TV leads of people in need of Life Insurance. Please call Todd DeLuke 203-295-3470 to discuss price points/volume and our creative."

Has anyone ever used him or tv leads like this?

You would almost have to have a call center for these type of leads.

They track how many incoming calls you get through the number they give you.

What do you guys think?

Well the calls coming in at the middle of the night, you can capture their # as call them back in the morning. And yes you would need a few full time agents to handle the volume, this would not be for just 1 agent to work.

Re: the commercial....the idea is to get people to call in....capeche?

Well the calls coming in at the middle of the night, you can capture their # as call them back in the morning. And yes you would need a few full time agents to handle the volume, this would not be for just 1 agent to work.

Re: the commercial....the idea is to get people to call in....capeche?
Two of my working rules:
1. Never buy anything in a hotel ballroom esp with a chandelier
2. Never do business with anyone who says, "Capeche?".

I've done this before as an agent using a different company.

When the ad runs, the phone rings off the hook for about 1 hour....The ad runs again, and you get the same mad rush. We tried to take the calls live at first and it was ridiculous.

We then went to an automated system, where the insured called in and was prompted through a series of questions, dob, ht, wt, etc...I had 3 callers working them.

I was getting 800 leads per month at $20-$24 per lead and contract required I buy everything generated with a reduction % for bad leads.

When we started, we only worked age 45 and above....by the time we finshed 3 months later, we were only working males age 55 and above, $500k or more of coverage.

you left out the millon $$ details: how did you do with this campaign...closing %, did you sell enough to get ROI? If so, what was profit margin as a %

I've done this before as an agent using a different company.

When the ad runs, the phone rings off the hook for about 1 hour....The ad runs again, and you get the same mad rush. We tried to take the calls live at first and it was ridiculous.

We then went to an automated system, where the insured called in and was prompted through a series of questions, dob, ht, wt, etc...I had 3 callers working them.

I was getting 800 leads per month at $20-$24 per lead and contract required I buy everything generated with a reduction % for bad leads.

When we started, we only worked age 45 and above....by the time we finshed 3 months later, we were only working males age 55 and above, $500k or more of coverage.

I agree with bullis33, tlmarketing wheres the 'good stuff'/

You 'tease' us with the wet tee shirt and tight jeans and all
but you're not putting out

................any NUMBERS, baby!!!!!!!!!! :1rolleyes:

I grossed about $300k in commissions (life only) spread out over an 18+ month period. It was definitely profitable as my costs were less than $100k for leads, office expenses, staff, etc...But, it probably should have been more. Made a lot of mistakes along the way, such as:
  • Being completely unprepared for the volume
  • Not having enough callers..I had 3 part timers
  • Upfront cash flow drain.....had to put just under $50k upfront before getting $1 back
  • Did zero cross selling
  • Did zero guaranteed issue/final expense..
  • Threw out 95% of female leads, and leads under age 45
  • Didn't call leads often enough...couldn't

You put out most of the money upfront, and 3 months later you start to get commissions....and everyone pays monthly.

I would consider again if I had a better setup in place.

Back