Looking for a Auto insurance company to write business through in WV

tsia33418

Hello all,
I am a new agent in Ohio and I am actually appointed with Farmers Insurance as well as Kraft Lake. I actually live along the Ohio river next to Kentucky and West Virginia so I have quite a few people coming over from those states as well.
Farmers is new to the state of Ohio but is not currently in Ky or Wv. I have Bristol West to write through in Ky but I am not really sure what the best way to find a company for Wv is. Any tips while looking and talking with the individual companies?
Any legitimate responses looking to help will be greatly appreciated!
-T

I am pretty sure National General (New all encompass integration version) and Safeco write a lot in WV. I would hit them up to start in addition to Progressive.

Does your contract allow for outside appointments?

Does Progressive write in WV?
It does allow outside appointments.

They do and I have an appointment with them through KL. Each that I have spoken to with progressive to receive a direct appointment has acted like I couldn’t receive another.

I might not have explained everything to them correctly on their behalf. I’m in my first year and I also did not work in insurance (besides bail bonding) before this lol. A little crazy, right?!

There used to be a conflict but that was recently changed if I’m not mistaken. But even if there were, it would only be a conflict if Farmers were to offer that product in the state. They have zero presence in Wv so there shouldn’t be an issue from any situation.

I am pretty sure National General (New all encompass integration version) and Safeco write a lot in WV. I would hit them up to start in addition to Progressive.
I’ll give them a shout for sure.

I also just heard today that a lot of the big name body shops are dropping Progressive and not accepting their customers. I guess because of their lack of response to slow claim payouts. I have a commercial auto with them and they aren’t doing really great with their communication on a recent claim one of my clients had.

I’ll give them a shout for sure.

I also just heard today that a lot of the big name body shops are dropping Progressive and not accepting their customers. I guess because of their lack of response to slow claim payouts. I have a commercial auto with them and they aren’t doing really great with their communication on a recent claim one of my clients had.

You will learn everyone says things like that about every single carrier. Every carrier has a bad reputation that's just insurance. I would get as many carriers as you possibly can and deal with the speed bumps as they come. Don't ever rely on too few carriers. You can build up a massive book with one and they can completely pull out of your state leaving you with nothing.

You will learn everyone says things like that about every single carrier. Every carrier has a bad reputation that's just insurance. I would get as many carriers as you possibly can and deal with the speed bumps as they come. Don't ever rely on too few carriers. You can build up a massive book with one and they can completely pull out of your state leaving you with nothing.
Any tips of advice when dealing setting things up with those carriers?

I personally am a big fan of SIAA. It can be a little pricy but you get a lot of carriers to get going. I would look up what SIAA territory and at least talk to them and see how you feel. From googling it appears MSAA is the local SIAA group in WV. It looks like the number is 304-925-0255.

Back