Starting a Commercial Insurance Agency from Scratch Advice Needed

Agreed.
From what I hear Louisiana is coming up on the outside of this horrible bunch too. Louisiana has its own Insurance Crisis as well: [EXTERNAL LINK] - New Legislation Takes Aim at Fixing Louisiana’s “Insurance Crisis” | News & Knowledge | Adams and Reese LLP
And the rot is spreading.
Yeah, my understanding is that the insurance market globally is difficult, largely due to rising interest rates, inflation, and a tough reinsurance market. And then of course, just like with anything, you see it better or worse and specific areas.

Yeah, my understanding is that the insurance market globally is difficult, largely due to rising interest rates, inflation, and a tough reinsurance market. And then of course, just like with anything, you see it better or worse and specific areas.

What do you mean? This market is super easy, barely an inconvenience. I could really go for another 4 years of democratic leadership right about now

Its very simple. Find businesses you want to insure, research who the owners are, and call them. Look them up in the State business entity search and look up their number. Spokeo.com is the only money you need to spend (besides E&O and mgmt system). Even if they say no put them in your pipeline and call them in a month. You constantly need to be calling people. Don't worry about learning you will learn from quoting. You need a HIGH VOLUME OF ACTIVITY. And that activity is calling people. Don't second guess yourself JUST DO IT! Seriously don't put much thought in to anything else. You will learn as you go and you aren't going to learn going slow. You will fail if you go slow. Never miss a follow up on anything (PUT IN MGMT SYSTEM). Don't listen to anyone else just trust me.

Make a separate business bank account and put ALL of the money into and reinvest it for what you absolutely need for your business. Don't ever be optimistic about how much you have in the account. KEEP GOING - DONT SPEND ANYTHING YOU DON'T HAVE TO. Eventually you have enough to put people on payroll you instruct them to do exactly as I told you in the first paragraph.

Back