Shopping a new FMO

Chi81

Hi everyone! So until this recent CMS rule was proposed I never knew marketing dollars were available.... I write a decent amount of Med Supp and Med Advantage business and my 2 FMO's I work with have never provided me marketing dollars. They do provide me with Sunfire, basic quoting tools, and decent support.

Does anyone use an FMO that provides marketing dollars on a per app basis or something similar? I'm looking for Med Supp, Med Advantage, and Final Expense contracts. One of my current FMO's is an Integrity Partner and I have used Medicare Center a little, it seems to be top of the line with technology. Feel free to also DM any suggestions.

Thank you!

Now that co-op marketing money is on the CMS chopping block, switching FMOs to get marketing money is like shopping for a different cruise once the Titanic has already hit the iceberg (and all the other boats hit the same iceberg too). Sit tight dawg and see how this rule pans out.

Hi everyone! So until this recent CMS rule was proposed I never knew marketing dollars were available.... I write a decent amount of Med Supp and Med Advantage business and my 2 FMO's I work with have never provided me marketing dollars. They do provide me with Sunfire, basic quoting tools, and decent support.

Does anyone use an FMO that provides marketing dollars on a per app basis or something similar? I'm looking for Med Supp, Med Advantage, and Final Expense contracts. One of my current FMO's is an Integrity Partner and I have used Medicare Center a little, it seems to be top of the line with technology. Feel free to also DM any suggestions.

Thank you!
If you’re doing decent business I’d approach your fmo . I assure you they won’t want to lose you and will give you dollars. Also some carriers like Humana,Aetna and WellCare will give you $’s Direct. Honestly if i were you id not move contracts until you see what happens with marketing $’s. If marketing goes away no need to even look around . Also carriers pull back marketing $‘s big after oep so fmo’s pull back too . Only med advantage will count toward marketing $’s. You get bonus’s on med sup direct from carriers .

If you’re doing decent business I’d approach your fmo . I assure you they won’t want to lose you and will give you dollars. Also some carriers like Humana,Aetna and WellCare will give you $’s Direct. Honestly if i were you id not move contracts until you see what happens with marketing $’s. If marketing goes away no need to even look around . Also carriers pull back marketing $‘s big after oep so fmo’s pull back too . Only med advantage will count toward marketing $’s. You get bonus’s on med sup direct from carriers .
Just what I was thinking. Just ask the FMO. If they say no, I'd find that odd. Sometimes the wheel that squeaks the loudest.....

So far we still have marketing money but after last round *which I didn't need, I think I'll refrain. Trying to chill anyway. Not a peep from FMO on anything discussed in here. There are hints though with moves being made for positioning with other products though. Like ACA. More on annuities. etc. Also notice no hurry on the annual meeting where they come to our state to hobnob in Jan. Might be trying to conserve funds and start working other avenues.

I can't find a 5 star in Michigan OR any special SEP codes. Can you see if you see any? LOL. already a problem here and it's only Jan. I just know you have all the answers on that...

Theres the fema disaster site . It’s 71 pages long . Lol . Put start date 2023 and end date 2024 to narrow down. On the final ruling of all the stuff like marketing money and overrides we should have a final ruling by mid march at the latest . There needs to be time to adjust to whatever is the final ruling

Last edited:

Theres the fema disaster site . It’s 71 pages long . Lol . Put start date 2023 and end date 2024 to narrow down. On the final ruling of all the stuff like marketing money and overrides we should have a final ruling by mid march at the latest . There needs to be time to adjust to whatever is the final ruling
Thanks~

Ok, mid march then. I'll be watching. So glad this came down pipe after 3rd AEP. I was lucky then with time to get the help when I needed it.

Michigan is dry this year. Looks like no special SEP OR 5 star.

Oh well, I need a rest anyway. LOL.
Give it time . I’m sure if you get 2 inches of snow they‘ll declare a disaster . This was my 3rd real aep (first one i started mid nov). I was able to build my book for zero cost .If it goes away I’ll simply cut my marketing down 75% and work my book very hard for more referrals,fe,annuities and Aca.

Back