Looking For a Whole Life Policy

Insurance companies can most definitely invest in things that you cant.

John Hancock is a major investor in Cranberry Farms and Timber Farms in the North East/Canada/& Australia (they receive very nice returns off of this apparently... in the double digits many years)

Could you please tell me if one should read some sarcasm in reference to your assessment of these John Hancock (JH)investments? Around the water cooler, I heard a similar comment mixed with a high level of skepticism regarding these investments and their use in backing JH universal life (UL) policies. Could you please provide some insight? Thank you.

Even if it were true, it would be a VERY small portion of the general investment account of the insurer.

Why?
1. Insurers are supposed to invest in long-term bonds, treasuries and cash.
2. Just because they get "double-digit" returns, doesn't mean that they can put the entire portfolio in this kind of investment.

I told all of you that I'm an engineer and like to understand how all this works so maybe you'll believe me now. :)

Hi Steve,

I tried to send you a private message, but you had that turned off. Gee, I can't imagine why on a forum full of insurance reps? :)

I'm not going to get into a contest with anyone on here, but if you'd like to discuss things with a Northwestern Mutual rep, and are not currently working with one, send me a message, and I'll be glad to discuss with you how Northwestern's products work compared to other companies.

Best of luck in your search, if you have not already made a decision...

Hi Steve,

I tried to send you a private message, but you had that turned off. Gee, I can't imagine why on a forum full of insurance reps? :)

I'm not going to get into a contest with anyone on here, but if you'd like to discuss things with a Northwestern Mutual rep, and are not currently working with one, send me a message, and I'll be glad to discuss with you how Northwestern's products work compared to other companies.

Best of luck in your search, if you have not already made a decision...

Good luck to _you_.

Back