Looking In Michigan

MI Agent

Good snowy day to my fellow Michigan agents. I was wondering if anyone in Michigan can offer any information that I am looking for? I have a small agency in SW Michigan and I insure a number of people in my area in need of insurance for their auto's who have low insurance scores or are high risk.

After Michigan reformed auto insurance in July 2020 they predicted that under improved regulatory and underwriting provisions we in Michigan would see an influx of new companies wanting to do business in Michigan. Indeed according to the commissioner of insurance we have 28 new companies who have filed. However, only 4 have actually cleared to do business. Underwhelming to say the least. One of the companies I was looking at was CURE auto insurance. However, one of the only companies in Michigan offering insurance for high risk drivers have left the state and now from what I understand CURE has decided to stay direct since they don't really have any competition. I was wondering if anyone in Michigan knows of any companies that specialize in high risk auto insurance or have information on a high risk carrier contemplating doing business in Michigan in the near future.

Back