Looking to buy life insurance, where to find basic terminology?

boba7523

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying life insurance (IUL) and would like to know where I can lookup all these different terminology such as block value, guaranteed value, participation rate, etc.

Thank you,
Peter

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying life insurance (IUL) and would like to know where I can lookup all these different terminology such as block value, guaranteed value, participation rate, etc.

Thank you,
Peter

Well you came to the right place. One of the best sources I can recommend is Invesopedia (Investopedia - Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing.) simply because it answers questions in a very simple way and that helps.

I'm licensed in California and be happy to help (send an IM) but am located in Florida. I always recommend talking to an agent and this board has several in California. A good agent will be the one to make sure your getting the right product for whatever your goals are...and isn't afraid to answer your questions.

Can you be more specific about what you're looking for ..

a great resource is the www.theinsuranceproblog.com .. it can be a little bit overwhelming but I would start at episode 1 of the podcast. .. it's not that specific about IUL but you can find some good articles in there.

Otherwise.. I would encourage just asking the questions here and plenty of folks can chime in ..

Can you be more specific about what you're looking for ..

a great resource is the www.theinsuranceproblog.com .. it can be a little bit overwhelming but I would start at episode 1 of the podcast. .. it's not that specific about IUL but you can find some good articles in there.

Otherwise.. I would encourage just asking the questions here and plenty of folks can chime in ..

I'll have to check that out myself. Looks like a good resource.

Back