Looking to switch into Insurance Field

I think you are being a little harsh & some of the top earning agents I know, who employ dozens of staff members, have some typing & grammar issues. Some even have dyslexia. So, I believe you are incorrect in stating factually that a person cant possibly be good at communicating verbally if they are terrible at written communications. Some of the agents I most respect for their work ethic, story telling & ability to speak in a language consumers can relate to have trouble with the written word. on the flip side, some people with perfect looking resumes & cover letters & masters degrees were complete failures because they had trouble picking up the phone to call people, working long hours or not looking down their nose at everyday consumers.
I appreciate the defense but I will admit my grammar and writing is not where it should be but at Trader Joe's during our performance reviews I am consistently praised for my ability to interact with Customer's I have an ability to pick up on small things and remember faces. None the less I am open to all suggestions on what I can do to improve my competitiveness.

One Life America can get you started in the Insurance world on a part-time basis . . .

If you are teachable, coachable and willing to put in the time & effort - you could be making $1000 a week shortly after getting your Life and Health license.

It's not rocket science. Focus on selling Final Expense & Medicare products.

California pays $636 or $318 to enroll a client into a Medicare Advantage plan ( 2020 )

My cell # is in my signature below - give me a call.
Hey Tom, I notice that your signature and cell # are in lavender.:err:

Make great money with FE & Medicare - Call me @ (912) 225-1271.

Are you trying to tell us something? :biggrin:

;)

I think you are being a little harsh & some of the top earning agents I know, who employ dozens of staff members, have some typing & grammar issues. Some even have dyslexia. So, I believe you are incorrect in stating factually that a person cant possibly be good at communicating verbally if they are terrible at written communications. Some of the agents I most respect for their work ethic, story telling & ability to speak in a language consumers can relate to have trouble with the written word. on the flip side, some people with perfect looking resumes & cover letters & masters degrees were complete failures because they had trouble picking up the phone to call people, working long hours or not looking down their nose at everyday consumers.
I do not disagree with most of what you have said. What I was
I agree with you to a point, my entire life I have struggled with the same weakness. The issue was his significant amount of time and effort towards learning insurance while the communication skills were so obviously lacking.

Hey Allen,

Thanks for those comments. I'm one to notice, at least some, of the spelling errors that pop up in threads.

And I am one that is not too hot at the face to face communications-one of the reasons my last boss gave me for termination.

I appreciate seeing your comments as a perspective to keep in mind when "overcritical" pops on in my brain.

I was visiting with another of my old bosses one morning in his office and we were talking about his bad spelling. He told me he knew it was atrocious-he'd gone to school when spelling was taught on some kind of sound based system and it totally trashed his ability to write. He was a very personable fellow and he and another employee and a third partner had a successful consulting business going on the side-I guess exactly what you just said above.

Hey Allen,

Thanks for those comments. I'm one to notice, at least some, of the spelling errors that pop up in threads.

And I am one that is not too hot at the face to face communications-one of the reasons my last boss gave me for termination.

I appreciate seeing your comments as a perspective to keep in mind when "overcritical" pops on in my brain.

I was visiting with another of my old bosses one morning in his office and we were talking about his bad spelling. He told me he knew it was atrocious-he'd gone to school when spelling was taught on some kind of sound based system and it totally trashed his ability to write. He was a very personable fellow and he and another employee and a third partner had a successful consulting business going on the side-I guess exactly what you just said above.

Bingo. Way to much focus on weaknesses & not strengths. Starts early in school when gets with many great talents are stressed about algebra that their talent slants will never need. Get through it & survive & move on to what you love & are talented. I know a lot of A students now working for C students. I respect people for what they overcome & what they actually do & the promises they keep, not how perfect their power point is that they never move forward to execution. Long term success in business & sales is the relationships you build, the promises you keep & surrounding yourself with others skilled in your deficient areas. Success isn't a result of a grammatically perfect mission statement, it is the follow through & execution that most are unwilling to do. Succesful agents do the things unsuccessful agents won't

Great conversation.

Bieleve it or not I have grown up in a southern california my entire life and only know english. I am just a terrible writer and have poor grammar skills when it comes to talking I do fine. Just don’t ask me to put my thoughts down on paper!

Alright thanks for the suggestions!

If that's the case, then a career with lots of paperwork, documentation and written correspondence may not be for you.

There are insurance agents and agency owners I met in my life and I often wonder to myself, "How the F*** do you do it?" They can barely speak English. And they sound like they don't even have a sales process. But after looking at their production numbers and calculate their commissions....HOLY MOTHER F*******. MAD RESPECT!!!!

No wonder they can afford their badass huge offices with marble floors and marble statues. These folks make serious money.

English is important but hard work is more important.

Last edited:
Back