LTC Case Development Help

Hawaii Agent

Expert
Note that I am primarily a P&C Insurance agent but do have a background in all areas of financial services. I have a client requesting help with LTC insurance and I did some fact finding:

Husband & wife both A45, Husband's income about $250k, wife's about $70k.
Net worth about $3mill
Husband has $1.5mill in life insurance 2 different policies, wife has $500k in term about 20 years left
Both in decent health (non-smoke, non-drinkers), no meds, and height/weight look fine.

Their current preference would be to go with Life w/ LTC rider but I want to make sure that's the right option so I'm seeking the advice of the true professionals in the industry.

Questions:
1. What carriers should I look into and what should I be looking for in the LTC riders? Is it just 2 of 6 ADLs for qualifying across the board?
2. What amount of coverage should I be advising they obtain (cost of LTC in Hawaii can go up to $12k/mo. $5k/mo. for assisted living)

Any advice is appreciated!

IMO, the best hybrids right now are Nationwide's CareMatters or Securian's SecureCare. As long as the LTC rider is a TRUE, 7702b LTC rider, it's going to have the same benefit triggers and definitions as will traditional LTC plans.

Back