LTC Possible Addition to Current Sales?

You're welcome. I wrote the same thing in fewer words.

Rick

Hey Rick, I respect your knowledge, I just needed an understanding not a quick short answer, And listen this may be something I pursue down the line, I know from the billberry12 & Mr_Ed If I did choose to pursue why it would need to turn into my main focus and if that's the case I would do it down the line or never I am not sure yet, Either way I understand why.

That is why I started the thread to gain an understanding of what it takes to take on LTC, I already knew it was a more involved sale, I just didn't know how much or why, I think it was Mr_Ed who explained the need to keep up with the constant changes,That this would be dificult if it were not the main focas that is what I needed to know

Last edited:
Hey Rick, I respect your knowledge, I just needed an understanding not a quick short answer, And listen this may be something I pursue down the line, I know from the billberry12 & Mr_Ed If I did choose to pursue why it would need to turn into my main focus and if that's the case I would do it down the line or never I am not sure yet, Either way I understand why.

That is why I started the thread to gain an understanding of what it takes to take on LTC, I already knew it was a more involved sale, I just didn't know how much or why, I think it was Mr_Ed who explained the need to keep up with the constant changes,That this would be dificult if it were not the main focas that is what I needed to know

Jump in feet first. Can't learn to swim sitting on a loungechair.

Listen, I hear you. But to give you an Idea where I am at, towards the end of 2011 I started as Independent for Medicare Plans with almost no capital, A cheap land line phone, cheap computer, my desk was like a stand I got for $20, I drive taxi at night just to get by, Any fax that needed to get done I had my wife fax from her job. I no longer have these problems. Next Jan I have planed on putting together a good website and really just get everything tight.

I had thought about LTC because I love the concept and I live the Idea that if I service my clients well I will also turn them into med Supp clients down the road, I do believe this will work well in the long run. However I am just getting over the Hump at this point.

Based on the latest posts I understand this is def something I will need to immerse myself in to make it work properly, A main concern of mine is that I am very complaint and don't make mistakes with peoples live's

With that said I think the best move is to make next year all about getting I am currently doing perfected to a science. The following year after that my residual should be at a point where I can do LTC full time and I can even lose money with a learning curve and not be affected.

It just makes more sense that way.Especially since I get the feeling that LTC will need to be the main product if it is going to work.

Terrible advice. You really want people dabbling in selling LTC?

If you meet "feet first" by spending $1K or more to take the CLTC class in person and spending time meeting with people F2F then I agree.

But I don't believe this is what you mean.

Rick

I am still unclear of why F2F might be important, It certainly cant be about learning the product.

I am still unclear of why F2F might be important, It certainly cant be about learning the product.

F2F is learning how to communicate with the prospect, reading body language, seeing how people react to your comments, etc. until you master that, phone sales success would be tough.

F2F is learning how to communicate with the prospect, reading body language, seeing how people react to your comments, etc. until you master that, phone sales success would be tough.

Now I am not trying to argue I am just trying to understand. I have done phone sales on and off for 15 years, I have done phone maj med/life/medicare with agency for 4 years and medicare as Independent since Aug of 2011.

Now I had been told the same thing with other product and it has never been an Issue.Now again I am just asking, What makes it dif for LTC?

----------

And listen, I may go with face to face when I start, I just dont understand why It would be necessary other then you guy's saying so,

Yes I understand body movements can be an indicator,So is voice fluctuations.

Also maybe I am wrong about this Buis but I have been under the impression that LTC would be an education/information type sale verses the pressure type sale, This is one of the things that is attracting me to this industry.

Back