MA Enrollment issue question

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have a prospect I tried to enroll to MAPD plan for Dec 1st effective date using the loss of employer coverage, Employer cov ended at the end of Nov

However, the app was declined at that time

The problem was with Medicare part B enrollment,first, she needed part B forms from multiple employers then They lost forms, had to be resubmitted and then it took time finally got approved for part B with a 03/01 effective date

She called me today with the news about part B effective 03/01 and I can't find an EP to use cant use loss of group and part B effective I believe is up to the effective date of part B

Is there something I am missing, It does not seem like she should be without choices as this is not her fault

Is there anything that can be done?

I have a prospect I tried to enroll to MAPD plan for Dec 1st effective date using the loss of employer coverage, Employer cov ended at the end of Nov

However, the app was declined at that time

The problem was with Medicare part B enrollment,first, she needed part B forms from multiple employers then They lost forms, had to be resubmitted and then it took time finally got approved for part B with a 03/01 effective date

She called me today with the news about part B effective 03/01 and I can't find an EP to use cant use loss of group and part B effective I believe is up to the effective date of part B

Is there something I am missing, It does not seem like she should be without choices as this is not her fault

Is there anything that can be done?

Did she already have Part A or was that applied for (and backdated)?

Did she already have Part A or was that applied for (and backdated)?

Part A has been in effect since she was 65. As far as part B they wanted to post date back to dec first but she didn't wants to pay premiums for the months she did feels she had cov and didn't get approved for MA plan, So the made it 03/01 effective for part B

Part A has been in effect since she was 65. As far as part B they wanted to post date back to dec first but she didn't wants to pay premiums for the months she did feels she had cov and didn't get approved for MA plan, So the made it 03/01 effective for part B

It's a stretch, but if she gets her entitlement award letter this month (March) for a 3/1 Part B start then I would consider her to qualify for the SEP for retroactive entitlement. Some plans would want proof of that though. Really, I'd have her call 1800Medicare to enroll and walk away.

It's a stretch, but if she gets her entitlement award letter this month (March) for a 3/1 Part B start then I would consider her to qualify for the SEP for retroactive entitlement. Some plans would want proof of that though. Really, I'd have her call 1800Medicare to enroll and walk away.

I think I will do that Monday if I don't hear any better solutions

I had one some what similar to this. Client's A was 7/1/18 and B was 1/1/19; but she received her benefits letter on 1/22/19.

I sent the Medicare welcome letter to the carrier with the e-app. Sent the letter via my DSC. He forwarded it and got it approved and issued.

The letter from Medicare actually said "we did not give you earlier medical insurance because we did not process it timely. If you want to have these benefits earlier..."

Had to show the carrier that it was Medicare's fault and they enrolled her.

I had one some what similar to this. Client's A was 7/1/18 and B was 1/1/19; but she received her benefits letter on 1/22/19.

I sent the Medicare welcome letter to the carrier with the e-app. Sent the letter via my DSC. He forwarded it and got it approved and issued.

The letter from Medicare actually said "we did not give you earlier medical insurance because we did not process it timely. If you want to have these benefits earlier..."

Had to show the carrier that it was Medicare's fault and they enrolled her.

Sounds interesting But I sent her to Medicare anyway, She called again, she needs meds now, I am hoping it the first now Medicare will see she tried to enroll in the plan Dec 1st Maybe they will even give her a 03/01 effective?

Either way, I thought I let this mess alone

Back