MA Only Question - Using the VA for Drugs

I have client's with MA only and use VA never had an Issue, For 10 years, I would guess that is misinfo

I also have clients with VA and MAPD< because they get some $0 copays for gen and get Tier 3's though VA no problem for years also

What You cant do is MA and stand-alone PDP unless it is a PFFS or MSA

I had the weirdest client myself.

On Medicaid, but he also has VA. Just qualified for Medicare and Dual with Part B covered by the state.

I just went with the DSNP. He didn't really use the plan, but wanted to make sure he was covered in case something happened to VA.

I had the weirdest client myself.

On Medicaid, but he also has VA. Just qualified for Medicare and Dual with Part B covered by the state.

I just went with the DSNP. He didn't really use the plan, but wanted to make sure he was covered in case something happened to VA.

Sometime back (possibly far enough to be before you joined the forum) I saw a (very) few threads talking about vets using medigap as an addition to VA benefits. Do you see any of that now, or is your experience seeing them just using MA if they want addition beyond VA benefits? Thanks.

Sometime back (possibly far enough to be before you joined the forum) I saw a (very) few threads talking about vets using medigap as an addition to VA benefits. Do you see any of that now, or is your experience seeing them just using MA if they want addition beyond VA benefits? Thanks.

So, it depends.

So, my opinion is that in most cases if you're an VA person and you're spending most of your time at the VA, MS doesn't make a lot of sense.

However, if you want to been seen sooner for something MA does a great job at blanket coverage.

I don't deal with a ton of VA people, honestly.

If they have Tricare for Life, there's zero reason for them to has an MS.

In my clients instance, he needed a DSNP because he also has Medicaid.

I’ve written a lot of the Ma Humana honor for 100% va people and people in tricare for life . Zero issues . I’ve always been told to stay away from ma for people with champus . But I’ve run into to 2 people the past few weeks that had an ma plan with zero issues. I run into so many va people that have part A and B that use the va 100% . What a waste of money . With part b going up to $170.10 veterans will have much more interest in giveback ma’s . I have a $100 a month giveback .

Ds4 good to know many brand names not on the va formulary. So the va has no flexibility or rx exemptions?Also is that correct what I’ve read . The Va will honor all outside dr’s rx’s? What about insulin ? How does a va eligibile person start the process to get outside drugs filled by va ? What if a former person in the military has never been to the va. Do they need to fill forms out ti start the ball rolling ? If so do you have a web site ? Thanks

So the va has no flexibility or rx exemptions?.
Closed Formulary, In an open formulary, non-formulary drugs are still available but require a higher copayment. Closed formularies, do not cover non-formulary drugs except for medical necessity.
The Va will honor all outside dr’s rx’s?
I have never seen this
What about insulin
Cheap Insulin. Not the TV stuff.
How does a va eligibile person start the process to get outside drugs filled by va ?
Visit the Va. Fill out the financial paperwork.
What if a former person in the military has never been to the va. Do they need to fill forms out ti start the ball rolling ? Yes
If so do you have a web site ? Thanks
VA.gov Home | Veterans Affairs

It would seem there are agents who are selling plans to Vets but they don't understand how those plans work.

UrytYFaU_400x400.jpg

Leave it to somarco to take a cheap shot . By the way north of 200 mapd in 7 weeks . No bs rewrites either. How many new apps you wrote? Maintained 98% persistency on active book . I connect on a personal level with my clients unlike your grumpy ass self . I deal with people 100% that already use the va for everything. Ds4 said he’s not familiar with va drugs being filled by non va drs yet Todd king and others said you could . I guess there dumb asses too? Were all on here to learn yet you think your superior to all. What’s funny in 13 months in the business my books similar in size to yours .

Back