MA coinsurance question.

Different carriers have given me different answers . So if the copay is $300 a day days 1-8 . I go in the hospital for 7 days on Feb 1st . I’m readmitted March 8th for 8 days for either same ailment or something different . That’s 15 total hospital days within within 60 days. My hospital plan covers the days 1-8 every 60 days and restarts . But the clients days of 1-8 restarts every hospital stay right ? That means if he has been in hospital 15 total days during 2 stays he owes 15 days x $300 a day or $4500 ? He’s not protected by maximum days 1-8 maximum out of pocket every 60 days ?

Thanks. Then guys who are selling the hospital indemnity plans like UNLs with an MA are still leaving a client with a lot of expsure?

Another exposure is many carriers have increased copay days from days 1-5 to days 1-7 and 1-8 in 2024 . So many of us sho sold hospital policys in last few yrs to cover days 1-5 and now it’s days 1-8 . What I’ve been doing this yr if somethings $300 days 1-8 I’m selling $400 days 1-8 ti cover some of any future change . The other day Humana stk was down $55 . They warned like United that medical utilization among patients skyrocketing and will affect earnings . This will effect plans next yr . But it will also effect med sup premiums and partD premiums big . I think mapd CO’s need to slash benefits and shore up the medical side of the product now . Lower moops and cut copays .

Another exposure is many carriers have increased copay days from days 1-5 to days 1-7 and 1-8 in 2024 . So many of us sho sold hospital policys in last few yrs to cover days 1-5 and now it’s days 1-8 . What I’ve been doing this yr if somethings $300 days 1-8 I’m selling $400 days 1-8 ti cover some of any future change . The other day Humana stk was down $55 . They warned like United that medical utilization among patients skyrocketing and will affect earnings . This will effect plans next yr . But it will also effect med sup premiums and partD premiums big . I think mapd CO’s need to slash benefits and shore up the medical side of the product now . Lower moops and cut copays .
If they did that they would end having to charge a premium.

LBL has an increasing benefit.

$2.22 extra per month for a 5 day $275 benefit. Simple 5% increase per year up to a max of 50% on the daily Hospital benefit, observation and extended confinement benefits.

They've got a real nice calculator/quoter that shows on the side what each rider costs and it lists all MA plans by county and when you pick the plan, it fills in the blanks. It's the most complete Gap Plan I've seen. More benefit than GTL and it's less money. It's been out for a while, but I just recently looked at it.

You ought to go on the LBIG site and check it out. It's under Supplemental Health.

I have it attached to my American Benefit Life Med Supp contract.

$2.22 extra per month for a 5 day $275 benefit. Simple 5% increase per year up to a max of 50% on the daily Hospital benefit, observation and extended confinement benefits.

They've got a real nice calculator/quoter that shows on the side what each rider costs and it lists all MA plans by county and when you pick the plan, it fills in the blanks. It's the most complete Gap Plan I've seen. More benefit than GTL and it's less money. It's been out for a while, but I just recently looked at it.

You ought to go on the LBIG site and check it out. It's under Supplemental Health.

I have it attached to my American Benefit Life Med Supp contract.
Weres the contract ? Any Gi ages ? That’s a nice benefit

Back