MA Plans

Ok to the guy who thinks the post office is efficient nope, notta, zilch.

If Medicare was never started we would be better off, to take it a step farther if insurance was not created we...um not us agents... but the consumer would be better off.

Of course now it is a necessity! Good for us.

Now Medicare being a government program was never meant to be full coverage thats why Supps became popular.

And starting threads, I thought it was a good title and subject! :confused:
</IMG>

Ok to the guy who thinks the post office is efficient nope, notta, zilch.

If Medicare was never started we would be better off, to take it a step farther if insurance was not created we...um not us agents... but the consumer would be better off.

Of course now it is a necessity! Good for us.

Now Medicare being a government program was never meant to be full coverage thats why Supps became popular.

And starting threads, I thought it was a good title and subject! :confused:
</IMG>

Why do you think the post office is not efficient? Why don't you start a delivery system then and make millions on your more efficient model?

UPS, DHL, Fed Ex, etc. cannot do what the post office does and they will tell you they can't.

Ok JD if you go to my Post Office at 12 noon everyday it will have 2 people working windows when 12 are available. The line may have 20 people in it and they will not hurry, if they have somebody they know they will just carry on a 10 min conversation without any concern for the patrons. Call medicare ask a question ...tell me how efficient they are, IRS, State Road crews etc....

Ok JD if you go to my Post Office at 12 noon everyday it will have 2 people working windows when 12 are available. The line may have 20 people in it and they will not hurry, if they have somebody they know they will just carry on a 10 min conversation without any concern for the patrons. Call medicare ask a question ...tell me how efficient they are, IRS, State Road crews etc....
The only efficient govt. dept. is the federal reserve. They are very good at printing worthless money.

Rick

Well, as a defender of MA plans (HMO and PPO), most agents do not know enough about them to honestly form an opinion.

In many metro markets, Kansas City being one of them, MA plans have been thriving for years. Humana has had a HMO here since the early 90's. Coventry has been here going on 10 years. Those two carriers combined have over 50,000 members. We also have AARP, CIP, Sterling, and Pyramid.

So, we are supposed to tell over 50,000 seniors Kansas City: I am sorry, you do not understand your plan so we are taking it away?

Not until the expansion and creation of PFFS plans was there a problem. So, deal with the problem, not with what is working. That problem is being dealt with.

Rick, my money is not worthless. I can make paper airplanes out of it. That has to be worth something!

Ok, you know what I meant, get MA plans out, do away with them. The seniors have never been this confused, and the frauds and cheats ripping them off have never been this bad!

The agents are being ripped off, while the companies and fmo's are coming out smelling like roses..

Remove standardization, allow companies to design new plans as they choose, with state approval!

Let experienced agents contract direct with companies and use FMO's for new agents that need training.

I think that the only one confused is you when it comes to MA plans whether PFFS, HMO or PPO. 95% my clients that are on PFFS plans love them and of those half would be on original Medicare if it these were not available. Some have saved thousands by having these plans. Starting a thread by making general statements is not helping anyone.:no:

BTW, I have never cheated one senior and would never sign up a person if they did not benefit or understand. Nothing like grouping every agent into one group. There will be crooks in every profession and the majority of agents selling these plans are doing the right thing.

My 2 cents.......

If CMS would get rid of lock-in it would have the same effect as monthly commissions and at the same time allow a member to move out of an inappropriate plan.

We (meaning taxpayers) are paying way too much for MA plans in general, and PFFS specifically. The plans are not by their nature evil, but the cost to us is.

I agree that the majority of agents (at least those who understand what they sell) as honest and we are being punished by a small minority. But it is really CMS and the Congressional funding of the plans that are to blame. Maybe it's the government that is evil.

My 3 cents....

Rick

Back