MA to Med. Supp. Guaranteed Issue Question

tins

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Question: If an individual is on a MA and moves into another county in the same state where their MA is not offered (but others are), will they receive G.I. time period to be able to get on a med supp.?

Backround: I have a client on MA, she is on Medicare because of diability, and wants to go to a med supp.
She is considering moving just to get a G.I. in order to go on a Med. Supp.. I want to make sure she would be G.I. before she decides to move or not.

Question: If an individual is on a MA and moves into another county in the same state where their MA is not offered (but others are), will they receive G.I. time period to be able to get on a med supp.?

Backround: I have a client on MA, she is on Medicare because of diability, and wants to go to a med supp.
She is considering moving just to get a G.I. in order to go on a Med. Supp.. I want to make sure she would be G.I. before she decides to move or not.

If she's in CA, then the answer is yes. I don't know if this is a federal deal or just a state law.

But I would call the carrier you plan on using just to be certain that this works in your state.

Rick

Great, thanks for the responses guys. She is planning to move one county over where her MA is not offered, just to qualify for a Supp.
First time I've ever heard of somebody going through the trouble to move in order to switch.

Back