Mac Book Air Vs Surface Pro 3

lifeagent13

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Georgia
I use an iphone but also have a PC so I am torn on the decision between these two. Anybody using either of these for work/presentations? I feel like the Pro 3 would be money for presentations. Thoughts ??

I have the Air. The surface will "do more" with the touch screen, presentations, etc. The Air is better built IMO as far as overall quality/feel goes and Macs have a strong history of outlasting other laptops because of this. If you like to keep fairly current with things this may not be an issue for you though as you'd be replacing it before either laptop died anyways. Also the OSs are very different. I prefer OSX by a landslide, I'm sure plenty of others will tell you the opposite as it's really just personal preference.

Bottom line - I love my Air and I'd buy it over the surface any day, but if I wanted it for client presentations and e-apps instead of just my personal computer the surface starts to make a lot of sense.

Many companies don't support illustration software, etc. on iOS. It's not a very business friendly solution in my opinion. The surface 3 IMHO is a much better value and will be compatible with every company.

Get yourself a cheap laptop for presentations, you'll feel like a real dummy when yourself or a client spills coffee on your mac whateva and it's ruined.

I have never personally owned an I anything. My kids have had several different versions of Ipods but that is it.

I replaced my HP 14" laptop a year or so ago with a surface Pro. I have it in a docking station and an external 22" monitor attached. Also a full sized Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for the office and the regular type cover for mobile use. I have company software, Winflex, Compulife and MS Office. I run Windows 8.1 in desktop mode. Never owning a Mac I can not see why I would want two or three pieces of equipment to do what this one business machine does.

For quick and easy term, GUL and FE quotes I just whip out my Note III and use Compulife or FEXQuotes when out.

Just my two cents.

Some carrier apps will not run on Macs. Also, touch screen on Surface may come in handy for eApps requiring signatures.

I am little biased as I run Macs exclusively, but nothing is going to beat presenting with a Mac. Whether you run the included "Keynote" program or purchase additional software, you will be able to do so much more with a Mac.

Healthcare.gov also appears to have compatibility issues running on a Surface Pro (Not sure if this is related to Internet Explorer or the the OS in general).

Those who are using Macs...are you running quoting softwares on Mac too or are you only doing presentations on Macs? Most of my carrier's apps are compatible with windows not MAC, so unless I run bootcamp which can also be a major pain...I just feel I'm better off using windows tablet.

Many companies don't support illustration software, etc. on iOS. It's not a very business friendly solution in my opinion. The surface 3 IMHO is a much better value and will be compatible with every company.

I was going to buy the Surface pro, but some of my medicare carriers, only used an IPAD app for enrollment, and I already had a windows laptop.

Back