Majority of Hospital Debt Owed by Folks With Insurance

Mandates rarely work as anticipated.

Most, if not all, states have auto insurance mandates but yet there are folks who drive without valid insurance.

The unaffordable care act mandates were meant to fulfill a campaign promise and never were effective in achieving the dream.

End of discussion . . .
I kind of thought you would say that about auto insurance mandates not working. i had a guy rear end me feb. before last ... 7 - 8000 Geico paid to have my 2 rear doors replaced ... long to the short the guy who reared me sped away before the police arrived ... doubtless he had no coverage ... mandated ... just not enforced. We had a 2.5 % income penalty on ACA plans ... the IRS DID enforce so ..?

Frankly I don't care where KFF lives, or any of the other organizations.

I suppose I could just assume someone who "identifies" as a Bama rep is a redneck racist.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but I really don't care and I try not to prejudge someone based on outward appearances.

I used to write Kaiser health plans in spite of the fact they are a Kalifornia HMO and I hate HMO's . . . but I made an exception once I learned a bit more about their product.

And FWIW, KP and KFF are not affiliated.

Maybe Bama needs to do a better job of communicating.

Seems like I may have a comprehension problem also.

All I see is "San Fran, non partisan, laughable, and left leaning"
-----------

"The idea that KFF is "non-partisan" while being headquartered in San Fransisco is laughable on its face.

Find an article by KFF that examines the increased cost burden of the middle class due to Obamacare. They are left-leaning. Look at the areas that they choose to research, and the perspectives from which they research it."

Seems like you don't understand the under 65 market, before and after Obamacare.

Government is guaranteed to pay what ??????

Define reasonable.

WHO said it was broken?

How much is YOUR taxpayer funded subsidy?

How much is YOUR deductible/copay buy down?

Have you ever been a health insurance agent and are you one now?

Do you realize there are folks out there that do not qualify for a taxpayer funded give away and opt for the "tin" plan with no deductibles and no copays until they hit their deductible?

I don't know @Millwood but I have read enough of his posts to know he is knowledgeable and doesn't BS his way through life. He knows his stuff which is more than I can see from you in your 13 posts.

How much is YOUR UNSUBSIDIZED premium?

Did you have individual insurance before Obamacare? How much did it cost you? What was your deductible, copay & OOP?
I'm sorry that I struck a nerve. I'm not sure why I'm being attacked for offering my opinion with some facts. A persons post count is not an indicator of knowledge or experience. At one point, you had 13 posts as well.

To be transparent, I work for a group GA that has an FMO-like division to it. I know that will likely turn you off to anything I have to say, but I do plenty of U65 enrollments during OE to understand the markets I serve. I'm not claiming to know everything and a big reason I'm here is to learn from people who have been doing this longer than me.

I've seen other people get attacked on here for being unreasonable, arrogant, etc. I don't think my post had any of those traits in it, but if it did, I'll try to do better next time.

There are many people who choose not to pay medical bills. They want to spend their money on fun things. They see healthcare as a “right“ and forget the mass of people with years of education and experience behind their belts, who provided such services. It shouldn’t be.

I'm not sure why I'm being attacked for offering my opinion with some facts.

I didn't see any facts, just your assumptions. Your statements were incoherent and inconclusive.

Since your feelings were hurt, I won't call on you in class any more.

Back