Making Individual Health Insurance Illegal

As much as I trust the government (insert joke here), if they go that route, who is to say in the future they "outlaw" individual insurance?

Plus, what minimums are they going to enforce? I have a $5,000 deductible on myself. I pay less then $50 per month for my individual coverage. What if the government decides that I can have nothing more then a $3,000 deductible?

Plus, what minimums are they going to enforce? I have a $5,000 deductible on myself. I pay less then $50 per month for my individual coverage.

I pay $498 a month to Blue Shield for a $4000 deduct for an individual HSA.

A government plan or Medicare can't come too soon for me.

How come all you "government sucks" health agents are not yelling and screaming for the end to Medicare?

Let me guess. YOU can MAKE MONEY on Medicare. But if there is a public option... what will YOU make? Zero.

You health guys don't really hate the government. You guys just love your own greed. If there was a government plan that would pay you $300 to sell a zero-prem GI individual (under-age) plan (similar to what MA commish pays) you guys would be cheering Obama and the Dems louder than a drunk Raider fan!

Yeah, no hypocrisy on this board!

I would LOVE to see the end of Medicare/Medicaid. It's already freakin bankrupt anyway.

Why aren't you dead yet? I thought I instructed you to kill yourself?

I pay $498 a month to Blue Shield for a $4000 deduct for an individual HSA.

A government plan or Medicare can't come too soon for me.

How come all you "government sucks" health agents are not yelling and screaming for the end to Medicare?

Let me guess. YOU can MAKE MONEY on Medicare. But if there is a public option... what will YOU make? Zero.

You health guys don't really hate the government. You guys just love your own greed. If there was a government plan that would pay you $300 to sell a zero-prem GI individual (under-age) plan (similar to what MA commish pays) you guys would be cheering Obama and the Dems louder than a drunk Raider fan!

Yeah, no hypocrisy on this board!

Al, 100% dead serious and I'm not posting this to be antagonistic. If this all passes in current form your premium will likely be around $900. I don't know what you make but if it's over $60,000 you don't get a subsidy.

If I moved to Mass. tomorrow my family's premium would more than double.

Al,

I was looking at my situation with my individual health insurance, not what I am selling.

You may be wanting a government option to potentially (that is the key word there since there is no guarantee you will have a reduction) lower your premiums, but what about the people who may have higher premiums? Based on your last post it is a "screw them" attitude since you need a reduction, does not matter what happens to the rest.

Should they end Medicare? Depends on what the replacement is. After all, they did such a bang up job running Medicare, why not turn the whole system to them...sounds like a great option for America...you suck a what you do so we are going to give you the whole system! I am putting my application in with the government. That way I can bankrupt myself, do a piss poor job and get promoted!

The way I read it, and I could have missed it, the proposed scenario works something like this.

Obamacare requires comprehensive coverage including preventive, mental health parity, maternity and full care for children from newborn to age 21.

Plans are to be guaranteed issue and rates will be regulated by area (community rating). Carriers are not allowed more than a 100% markup due to pre-existing health conditions.

The mandates, including GI, will push base premiums up by at least 150% over current rates.

If you think health insurance is expensive now, just wait until we have the POR (Pelosi-Obama-Reid) plan.

Fines (taxes) will be assessed if you don't have health insurance or your plan does not meet the standards of Obamacare.

A health insurance exchange will be established for those who are not covered by an employer plan, Medicaid, Medicare or a grandfathered individual health insurance plan. New plans can only be purchased through the exchange. Anything else is prohibited.

The original Pelosi plan had over 1000 pages. Subsequent markups by Rangel and the Energy commission throw in another 1800+ pages so I may have missed something.

Back