Manage the Cost of Starting

I recently went through some threads and noticed that some were going to classes to become an agent for hundreds of dollars. I recently started as a supplemental insurance agent with AFLAC and I did not incur these costs so I thought I would share.
I started with Greenlight training for $99.It was combination Life and Health insurance and was great. It was tedious as it makes you go through all the videos before you can test but it gives you print outs through Adobe. This was a struggle for me, as I am a reader not a watcher so I read through everything first but couldn't test until all the videos were watched. Then you have to pass the quizzes twice before you can move on.Very tedious,but I was well prepared.However,I got this discount because Aflac had a discount with the company,so if you sign up on your own it will cost you more.I suggest speaking with the company you are thinking of signing with to see if they have a way to sign you up with them or contact the company directly.They have great customer service and their extensions are free if you need them.
I spoke with another agent and he went through ExamFX. Their prices range form $129-$160 for everyone.However,the company you are looking to work for may have a discount code you can use that will knock a little of that off.He sad it was great and he passed his state exam on the first try and it was not as tedious.The course is comprised of PowerPoint presentations and test with a review test at the end.This is for you guys who are quick learners and want to get through it quickly.Their extensions,however,are $29 so I would recommend getting thorugh it in the 90 day period they give you.Please remember that in order to rake your state test,you will need the completion certificate form your courses.
These are some of the less costly ones that I know of to help any one out that is starting.It is a very rewarding career because I am home more with my family(as a real estate paralegal before this never happened),I make good money and it's a very good company with different avenues you can take.It isn't easy but what job is?Insurance is not for everyone but I recommend asking as many questions as you have and if you find that it is something that isn't for you,at least you have not invested hundreds of dollars into something you are not happy with.I hope this helped anyone starting in this field.

Last edited:
It would help others if you use paragraphs. Your post is impossible to read, but I'm pretty sure it must have some helpful information.

Rick

Not everyone makes it past elementary school. I think this is what he's trying to say:

I recently went through some threads and noticed that some were going to classes to become an agent for hundreds of dollars. I recently started as a supplemental insurance agent with AFLAC and I did not incur these costs so I thought I would share.

I started with Greenlight training for $99.It was combination Life and Health insurance and was great. It was tedious as it makes you go through all the videos before you can test but it gives you print outs through Adobe.

This was a struggle for me, as I am a reader not a watcher so I read through everything first but couldn't test until all the videos were watched. Then you have to pass the quizzes twice before you can move on.Very tedious,but I was well prepared.

However,I got this discount because Aflac had a discount with the company,so if you sign up on your own it will cost you more.I suggest speaking with the company you are thinking of signing with to see if they have a way to sign you up with them or contact the company directly.They have great customer service and their extensions are free if you need them.

I spoke with another agent and he went through ExamFX. Their prices range form $129-$160 for everyone.However,the company you are looking to work for may have a discount code you can use that will knock a little of that off.He sad it was great and he passed his state exam on the first try and it was not as tedious.

The course is comprised of PowerPoint presentations and test with a review test at the end.This is for you guys who are quick learners and want to get through it quickly.Their extensions,however,are $29 so I would recommend getting thorugh it in the 90 day period they give you.Please remember that in order to rake your state test,you will need the completion certificate form your courses.

These are some of the less costly ones that I know of to help any one out that is starting.It is a very rewarding career because I am home more with my family(as a real estate paralegal before this never happened),I make good money and it's a very good company with different avenues you can take.

It isn't easy but what job is?Insurance is not for everyone but I recommend asking as many questions as you have and if you find that it is something that isn't for you,at least you have not invested hundreds of dollars into something you are not happy with.I hope this helped anyone starting in this field.

I used Pre-Licensetraining.com. I paid $49.99 to get my hours for the 52 hours of Life and Health and then another $19.00 for the test-prep material with access for 5 days. I took and passed the test on my first try.

It would help others if you use paragraphs. Your post is impossible to read, but I'm pretty sure it must have some helpful information.

Rick

I mentioned that to another poster and a member named Hopkins took umbrage to my post. I think your point is well taken. Some of these posters write like a James Joyce novel, i.e., a stream of consciousness narrative.

I used Pre-Licensetraining.com. I paid $49.99 to get my hours for the 52 hours of Life and Health and then another $19.00 for the test-prep material with access for 5 days. I took and passed the test on my first try.

Congrats on passing the test.

Rick

I apologize for the run ons.This was my first post and because I am new, they limited me to some editing so this was the best I could do with the time alotted.Just trying to help but thank you for your feedback!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you so much,alot of people need this info so that is why I started this thread. Thank you again!
Not everyone makes it past elementary school. I think this is what he's trying to say:

I started with Greenlight training for $99.It was combination Life and Health insurance and was great. It was tedious as it makes you go through all the videos before you can test but it gives you print outs through Adobe.

This was a struggle for me, as I am a reader not a watcher so I read through everything first but couldn't test until all the videos were watched. Then you have to pass the quizzes twice before you can move on.Very tedious,but I was well prepared.

However,I got this discount because Aflac had a discount with the company,so if you sign up on your own it will cost you more.I suggest speaking with the company you are thinking of signing with to see if they have a way to sign you up with them or contact the company directly.They have great customer service and their extensions are free if you need them.

I spoke with another agent and he went through ExamFX. Their prices range form $129-$160 for everyone.However,the company you are looking to work for may have a discount code you can use that will knock a little of that off.He sad it was great and he passed his state exam on the first try and it was not as tedious.

The course is comprised of PowerPoint presentations and test with a review test at the end.This is for you guys who are quick learners and want to get through it quickly.Their extensions,however,are $29 so I would recommend getting thorugh it in the 90 day period they give you.Please remember that in order to rake your state test,you will need the completion certificate form your courses.

These are some of the less costly ones that I know of to help any one out that is starting.It is a very rewarding career because I am home more with my family(as a real estate paralegal before this never happened),I make good money and it's a very good company with different avenues you can take.

It isn't easy but what job is?Insurance is not for everyone but I recommend asking as many questions as you have and if you find that it is something that isn't for you,at least you have not invested hundreds of dollars into something you are not happy with.I hope this helped anyone starting in this field.

Thank you for editing,I will remember how sensitive people are to sentence structure next time!

Well I am a college graduate and I was quickly trying to give others some quick, helpful information because I saw a need for it.I didn't think I was writing a term paper,and if we are getting technical there is a five space indent from the start of each paragraph and double spacing in between.Thanks!
Thanks for sharing; this is great, you are too kind.

No problem,just wanted to help.I hope you were able to read the main points.Thank you for your positive feedback.
I mentioned that to another poster and a member named Hopkins took umbrage to my post. I think your point is well taken. Some of these posters write like a James Joyce novel, i.e., a stream of consciousness narrative.

I was trying to give condensed information that someone would read if they were trying to start. I didn't mean to write a term paper but I hope someone was able to take something from it.
Overall, I am trying to give some information to those of you starting. I did not realize how technical and petty some people would be to a post. It is a post people, not a college grad course submission. I just hope I helped someone trying to start, as this information should be available to everyone. Thank you for those who took something away from this.Happy starting and if there is any help I can give please feel free to leave a response. If not,move on.This is not for you.

Last edited:
Overall, I am trying to give some information to those of you starting. I did not realize how technical and petty some people would be to a post. It is a post people, not a college grad course submission. I just hope I helped someone trying to start, as this information should be available to everyone. Thank you for those who took something away from this.Happy starting and if there is any help I can give please feel free to leave a response. If not,move on.This is not for you.

What you appear to be missing is this...

No one expects perfection, but they do expect readability. Your original post was unreadable, I didn't even try. It was just one big blur of text. By using some basic grammar and punctuation, people are able to read it and offer constructive feedback.

You shouldn't feel picked on over this, people are merely trying to help you effectively communicate so that you can see some benefits from this forum.

Back