Many more agent complaints coming in 2025

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Few agent have discussed the potential for many more complaints especially connected to the part D . If you have even several hundred clients many of those you talked to won’t remember what you said . They go into fill rx in May with tier 3 for first time . They get hit with $400 . This is going to be a massive cluster ****. Also add in moving so many clients to new carriers with different ways of doing things and it’s a big problem .

Few agent have discussed the potential for many more complaints especially connected to the part D . If you have even several hundred clients many of those you talked to won’t remember what you said . They go into fill rx in May with tier 3 for first time . They get hit with $400 . This is going to be a massive cluster ****. Also add in moving so many clients to new carriers with different ways of doing things and it’s a big problem .

That’s why you put it in writing in an email. They can say they don’t remember, but when you can document it they can’t say much.

Record your calls and keep copies of everything you send them

cluster**** is correct. No matter how we much advice and service we provide during AEP and how much we cover our rear ends, it will not matter to many clients when premiums skyrocket/ copays increase/ Rx is not in formulary etc. I am still trying to figure out my AEP and how I want to handle my D clients. Especially for my WC clients, I am leaning towards a glofied version of you are on your own. Emails galore of how to contact carrier and how to go through medicaredotgov. Compliance issues, complaints, not getting paid- all roads lead to less service and advice from me. The variable is how much less service.

First, 80% of clients are on cheap generics and you can tell them Wellcare and move on. If the doc puts them on something "fancy and expensive" they have to pay the deductible. I say it every year. Every year I get calls and respond with "did the doc put you on something fancy and expensive?" and they say "Oh yeah, you told me this would happen".

The other 20% get an email with the printout from Medicare.gov. It may be wrong, but its not my fault. Its worth the time an effort.

First, 80% of clients are on cheap generics and you can tell them Wellcare and move on. If the doc puts them on something "fancy and expensive" they have to pay the deductible. I say it every year. Every year I get calls and respond with "did the doc put you on something fancy and expensive?" and they say "Oh yeah, you told me this would happen".

The other 20% get an email with the printout from Medicare.gov. It may be wrong, but it’s not my fault. It’s worth the time an effort.
Sounds good unfortunately almost all the peeps who’ve had a mapd plan the last 3-5 yrs have never had to go to the pharmacy and pay $300-$590 in Jan . The most almost all paid was $47 on their first few fills . In other words they got spoiled .

Back