MAPD Disability Under Age 65

jchssr51

I have a client who is turning 65 in May 2016. Currently he is on a Humana MAPD plan because he is under 65. I want to know how to advise him concerning changing his plan to a Med Supplement and Part D Drug plan for next year when can he do this? And how does he do this?

I have a client who is turning 65 in May 2016. Currently he is on a Humana MAPD plan because he is under 65. I want to know how to advise him concerning changing his plan to a Med Supplement and Part D Drug plan for next year when can he do this? And how does he do this?

I would advise him call a more experienced agent until you get a better grasp on how medicare plans work because too much is at risk if you don't do it right the first time..Maybe get a mentor and definitely review the product information on carriers website - especially election codes and GI info.Good luck

Simple. Process the med Supp first to confirm approval for requested effective date. Then enroll the client into a stand alone PDP for requested date using the SEP- IEP 2. That will cancel out his current MAPD. You can call the carrier after a few days to confirm the new PDP enrollment.

Thanks that is what I thought but I have not dealt with enrolling in MAPD or PDP in a while. We live in an area where these plans are not the greatest and I therefore do not currently offer them because of this. I appreciate your kindness in just answering my question.

He'll have Open Enrollment for 6 months before, and 6 months after 05/01/2015. There's no qualifying/no health questions for the Med Supp. On the PDP he'll have 3 months before, the month of May and 3 months after to enroll. As wehotex said, when he enrolls in the PDP it will automatically disenroll him from the MAPD.

You might ought to familiarize yourself with this.

https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11219.pdf

Whats the zip code?

Anyone on Medicare due to disability basically gets a "reset" when T65. Same rules as for anyone else approaching that time in their life. The fact that they are on Medicare already doesn't effect any of their rights to plan options.

I would advise him call a more experienced agent until you get a better grasp on how medicare plans work because too much is at risk if you don't do it right the first time..Maybe get a mentor and definitely review the product information on carriers website - especially election codes and GI info.Good luck

So you knew it all from day one?

Back