MAPD Enrollment grew 9% this year and will pass Medigap enrollment next year

Fire

Super Genius
Just read article that in 2023 mapd will overtake medigap enrollment.This yr I converted at least 15 people to mapd from medigap . They were all referrals that called me . Thats Joe Namath as his commercials started the titanic shift from medigap to mapd.

Big reason is because everyone is used to having a high deductible on their Obamacare/group health and also a premium in some cases so when they are shown a $0.00 premium MAPD that includes their medical, PDP, dental, vision, gym, OTC it’s a no brainer. And max out of pocket is $3500 vs. current $8700. Or they can pay an extra $110/month so now they have a deductible along with a crappy PDP with no extra benefits.

Big reason is because everyone is used to having a high deductible on their Obamacare/group health and also a premium in some cases so when they are shown a $0.00 premium MAPD that includes their medical, PDP, dental, vision, gym, OTC it’s a no brainer. And max out of pocket is $3500 vs. current $8700. Or they can pay an extra $110/month so now they have a deductible along with a crappy PDP with no extra benefits.

Nah That's been around for years too

this would not count for it

In fact Many would say Obamacare has been much more expensive, restrictive and with much higher deductible then Med Supp PDP and stand alone dental

And they would rather the freedom

Up till this year so that does not account for the change Because it is not a change

Well I didn't say it was just this year, the MAPD market has been growing steadily since 2008. Still agents out there saying it's a thing of the past. I think it might be here to stay so may want to offer clients all their options and let them decide. And the deductibles and max oop does grow each year on Obamacare so hasn't been the same since it came out.

Well I didn't say it was just this year, the MAPD market has been growing steadily since 2008. Still agents out there saying it's a thing of the past. I think it might be here to stay so may want to offer clients all their options and let them decide. And the deductibles and max oop does grow each year on Obamacare so hasn't been the same since it came out.

On a personal level it increased a little last year but really Jumped this year

I usually do 70% MedSupp during AEP and 90% Rest of the year

2 years ago I did 50% during AEP and 80% med supp rest of the year

This last AEP I did 75% MAPD and about 70% MA so far this year

I am not doing anything different

There was no shift before this

Weak agents will always look for some excuse to blame others for their inability to do what is best for their clients

You being a 100% medigap surely your new business is not as robust as 2-3 yrs ago. Even wealthier people looking at mapd now . The mkt has shifted massively the last 3 yrs. The pool of new medigap clients is getting smaller.

You being a 100% medigap surely your new business is not as robust as 2-3 yrs ago. Even wealthier people looking at mapd now . The mkt has shifted massively the last 3 yrs. The pool of new medigap clients is getting smaller.

Square Pegs Only Insurance Agency- " We Talk- You Listen"

And . . . you would be incorrect

My business grew by 9% last year and I worked less than I have in prior years . . . but thanks for asking.

Square Pegs Only Insurance Agency- " We Talk- You Listen"

Hilarious!

And 100% wrong

Latest posts

Back