Market Survey - First Interview

I'm trying to do policy reviews for my relatives because i know that they have no idea what insurance they have, but i'm getting stuck at the wall of "Oh we already have enough insurance, it's okay".

Those that want to "help" should become social workers.

One of the prime reasons for failure in this business is the inability to recognize that people don't care, and really don't want your "help".

If you want to become one of the 5% that actually make it, focus your efforts on selling to people that want what you have.
:idea:

"If you want to become one of the 5% that actually make it, focus your efforts on selling to people that want what you have."

Well that's a good idea, but how do you find/recognize people who want what you have?

So how do you ask for referrals then?

Not very well...

I need to get better at it, but at least I know the fault lies with me, and not my new client. I do know the key is to make it a comfortable experience for the client, and to drop it on them like a bombshell.

And while you are right about most of your friends and family are probably underinsured, everyone is right to tell you to tread carefully there. You should reach out to the business relationships you have in your natural market, not necessarily the friendships.

A good way to get to sit with the dogs at Thanksgiving dinner is to mess up your uncle's life insurance or retirement savings.

This business ain't gonna be for you. Better you find out now before you become one of the 95% that wash out.

Why ?

I read many pages here and I saw many things about prospecting etc, I didnt know it was all about ''people you know'' selling thing, even some people told other not to use their 100 names list until 1yrs

Working with family/friends, in my experience, can be a nightmare, not worth it in the end. A new company always wants you to "hit up" those you know for reasons already stated in other posts. My feeling is that it looks desperate, like you using them as an experiment. Get some experience and in time family/friends will start to come to you.

Why ?

I read many pages here and I saw many things about prospecting etc, I didnt know it was all about ''people you know'' selling thing, even some people told other not to use their 100 names list until 1yrs

To be successful in the type of business that SunLife Financial does is predicated on being able to see large amounts of people on a favorable basis - which you won't get from cold calling, etc.

Why do you think only 5% survive?

It's very tough to sell anything that doesn't have much natural demand. Time share sales come to mind. I wonder how many people wake up and think "man, I really need to look into getting a time share today."

This is why you can't go 10 feet on vacation without being lured into a presentation. Then you hear about the stunning value of owning one of these turds.

Likewise, when people wake up, they don't say "man, I really need to look into getting Universal life and an annuity." There is very little natural market which makes a career selling those kinds of products a living nightmare.

To be successful in the type of business that SunLife Financial does is predicated on being able to see large amounts of people on a favorable basis - which you won't get from cold calling, etc.

Why do you think only 5% survive?

Whats the type of business ? Just asking

And Just for information, english is not my first language lol, :idea:

Back