Marketing Idea and Advice for New Agent

Good advice so far,thank you.
As far as my past clients, I worked as a wholesale rep for a bank and worked out of my house. I do have about 50 or so previous customers but since it was wholesale, I dealt with the broker not the actual borrowers. I will need to come up with some more ideas for my natural market, I will just really need to try and focus on referrals from this natural market to try and grow.

Those broker could be a market for you. They may not need your services but the people they deal with might. They could turn into centers of influence for you. Think about it these people will be seeing 1040s know about savings/investments etc. There are people on this forum that make a living contacting new homeowners and selling mortgage life (which is really just a simplified term policy and more costly than straight term). Just things to think about.

Those broker could be a market for you. They may not need your services but the people they deal with might. They could turn into centers of influence for you. Think about it these people will be seeing 1040s know about savings/investments etc. There are people on this forum that make a living contacting new homeowners and selling mortgage life (which is really just a simplified term policy and more costly than straight term). Just things to think about.

Good point Norwayguy, thanks

You could sponsor the hot dog cart, Have your logo and contact information on the cart for advertising and promotion, and let someone else run it.
Don't get behind the cart and be the hot dog salesman. :-)

Low to no natural market? Metlife, hands down.

They have a lead program that you can participate in that will help you to get started. They are one of the largest carriers, and will also give you a training salary to start (if you can qualify for it).

Since when did Metlife have leads?

The office I worked for a couple years ago was great. It had everything someone could want. They had a downtown office, a conference room, phones, copier, and the best thing.... No leads, No Marketing Plan, No way to tell you how to actually run your business like a business!

I hate Metlife! :mad:

(they got good car insurance rate though)

Since when did Metlife have leads?

The office I worked for a couple years ago was great. It had everything someone could want. They had a downtown office, a conference room, phones, copier, and the best thing.... No leads, No Marketing Plan, No way to tell you how to actually run your business like a business!

I hate Metlife! :mad:

(they got good car insurance rate though)

Gee I'm sorry to hear they let you down so much...I interviewed with Met and Metlife Resources and can say I wasn't too impressed. At Met my recruiter and trainer was promoted out of their LTC office and I'm sure she knew LTC front and back from a back office perspective but simple questions to her about other products and software showed she had never and I mean NEVER actually sold in the field. For that reason and she told me not to leave my current company but to book appointments and go out on dual calls with her and my first $5K of commissions would go to a house account until I made my transition. (Personally I think assigning your commissions is crazy but its gotta be worse to let them just put someone elses agent code on it).

Metlife Resources I was a little more comfortable but couldn't believe them when they told me they would assign every orphan policyholder in my state to me and that I would get all the renewals. I just decided to stay put for the time being until the 403(b) regs changed at least.

Last edited:
Back