Marketing out of the box?

It does take a ... Coach to help you take your biz to a new level.

Hmmm. Is that in any way related to "it takes a village to raise a child?"

Are you really Hillary Clinton, just here to have some fun in between campaign stops?

Al

I have been doing some of this, sending a thank you card with a starbuck's card, etc. but by sending a card to everyone that I get a lead from would definately increase that our reach and hopefully keep us on peaple's minds when it come around to insurance needs.

Thanks for the tip

I'm glad that you like the tip. Here is a little more information:

I enclose a business card sized refrigerator magnet along with my regular business card. My belief is that the person who is shopping around today but plans to retire or quit their job in a few months will keep it. I don't have any hard statistics, but I get enough calls from people I haven't contacted in months to feel that the cost is justified. Some mention the refrigerator magnet. I buy them from VistaPrint.com. I use them for almost all of my printing. They are pretty good and pretty cheap.

I also make sure that my phone number is hand written on the thank you card itself, in case the greeting card gets separated from the business card.

I spend a lot of money and effort to get a lead. So I do everything I can to squeeze every last dollar out of my list. I try to combine new school (automatic email responders, website) and old school (hand written thank you cards, phone calls, direct mail) to increase my closing ratio.

If it works that well there has to be a law against it.

It is illegal to put an ad inside of a mailbox. Attaching it to a flag is just a creative way to get around that law.

There is so much insurance marketing out there, that you have to become very creative to be effective, if you do not want to spend alot of money. My parents receive at least 2 invitations to a seminar dinner a week and countless amounts of direct mail. I know one producer that staples a buisness card to a bag a cookies or chips and drops it off at different offices each week. You can also drop a pile of newsletters off at places with a waiting room (Goodyear, Kaufman, ect). People are sitting and bored and will read it and if interested take it home with them. If your firm is focusing on seniors, have some of your guys join the local freemason group. Fraternal organizatinos love doing business with their members, by joining the producer will gain instant face time with potential clients.

I have been doing some of this, sending a thank you card with a starbuck's card, etc

This is illegal in a lot of states if tied to the sale transaction - it is called REBATING.

Some states have thresh holds on smaller dollar amounts, this varies from state to state.

I know someone who got their hand slapped on gift cards, do your home work first make sure this is legal.

We're mainly P & C so we get a lot of incoming calls for quote requests. Our closing ration has gone up by 12% in the past year and I can only attribute it to one new technique. We include a free gift in the initial quote package. We send a 7 day follow-up letter with another free gift and then a 21 day follow-up letter with yet another free gift. Just small inexpensive gifts with our agency name imprinted on them( air fresheners, dental floss, first aid kits, rulers, etc)

We also do a three step welcome for new clients w/ free gits also. So.... by the time they've become a month long client with us, they've received possibly six free trinkets gfrom my office that cost me a total of maybe $15 !!!

Retention is also among the highest in the company.

I tried door hangers the break down was...
$31.50 = 1,000 door hanger bags from Blank Door Hangers / Printed Door Hangers / Blank Printed Doorhangers
$400 = 5 local kids to put out door-hangers $80 each
$50 = 1,000 Business cards
$500 = 1,000 full color brochures

I drove around with the kids and made sure every bag was placed on a door knob. Two weeks later not one single call. Two months later one call sale made. 5 months later 10 calls/sales made from door hangers. If I had timed it closer to the BC/BS big rate increase it would have been a faster turn around. But as far as a long term thing it worked out fine. I will be doing it again soon.

We're mainly P & C so we get a lot of incoming calls for quote requests. Our closing ration has gone up by 12% in the past year and I can only attribute it to one new technique. We include a free gift in the initial quote package. We send a 7 day follow-up letter with another free gift and then a 21 day follow-up letter with yet another free gift. Just small inexpensive gifts with our agency name imprinted on them( air fresheners, dental floss, first aid kits, rulers, etc)

We also do a three step welcome for new clients w/ free gits also. So.... by the time they've become a month long client with us, they've received possibly six free trinkets gfrom my office that cost me a total of maybe $15 !!!

Retention is also among the highest in the company.

Manshow,

Do you quote over the phone?

I am also in the P&C market and am a new agent. (Under 2 years) I have been looking into not giving Quotes on the phone. From what I read you will loose prospects who won't want to come in to your office, or fill out a form, but you will have better retention, and make bigger sales.

Thanks

Back