Marketing To Manufactured Home Owners And Renters

davisjce

I am a new producer working for an agent who wants me to focus on mobile homes. Does anybody have advice or success stories that they could share?

Thank you in advance

I personally don't have a ton of experience with them but the premiums are not bad on these at all, at least in Florida. I am not sure how you would market one specific type of home and not just go after specific areas and if some manufactured homes come through then handle both. What state are you in?

Seems like a strange market to focus on. They both have low premiums, you won't make much money off these.

Old Post, I know , but figured I could I would chime in anyway. We have had great success marketing to Mobile Homes. What we typically do to get in front of them is host an event in their parks (i.e. coffe hour etc.), we also advertise in their monthly newsletters, calendars, etc. anyway to get in front of them. In my area we are surrounded by mobile home communities that are 55+ so our companies have policies tailored for that. I'm in Florida so its probably different than where you are, but it can't hurt to advertise in their parks. Some of them are as cheap as $100 per year. Also, it is VERY easy to cross sell them autos and umbrellas.

Ha! sorry to get off topic, but this reminds me of a strange and funny story that happened to me last week....

I had a mobile home policyholder come in with a letter from his lienholder saying his policy wasn't adequate enough. I figured he simply didn't choose high enough levels to suit them.....

but as I read it, what they were wanting was for me to add comp and collision coverage to the mobile home. I called the lienholder and had to explain to them that collision coverage isn't offered on mobile homes because the homes no longer move. :D:goofy: I guess it's difficult for some bankers to know the difference between between a mobile home and a motor home.

Back