Marketplace/BigWave "Help on Demand"

As far as I can tell, there isn't a place to put in what states you want to get leads from. Let me know if I am wrong, but I didn't see one when I did the enrollment and don't see it as an option when I look at the settings on their dash board.
R

I don't have a clue, but I'm only getting leads for my area. Which means at some point they asked me for location info.

It claims they will send you leads for any state you are licensed in. Sadly I am licensed in multiple states.....but not for the purpose of selling U65 health in any state but my home state of Georgia. There is no filter to say you only want leads in a particular state. I have had about 20 leads so far......and not one in my home state. Ridiculous.

It claims they will send you leads for any state you are licensed in. Sadly I am licensed in multiple states.....but not for the purpose of selling U65 health in any state but my home state of Georgia. There is no filter to say you only want leads in a particular state. I have had about 20 leads so far......and not one in my home state. Ridiculous.
interesting......I have got 19 so far ....all from Texas....now I have life appointments in about 5 states out of Texas....have not received one out of state lead.....

So have any of you had experience using the Big Wave Healthcare.gov Referral app. I have been in the L/H market as a licensed broker in WV for going on 15 years now . Our state does participate in the Federal exchange however we only have one carrier in place which is Highmark Blue Cross. Like many i made a majority of my income through primarily Individual and Group Health insurance, prior to ACA we had at least 5-6 options to choose and as the years approached until the day ACA passed carriers began to drop like flies. The last 4 years Highmark which was once an agent friend carrier chose to dismantle the agent compensation contract for brokers, compensation changed from year 1 32 pepm, year 2 16 pepm, year 3 8 pepm and now to a flat 000 since 2017 and now 2018. they actually did notify us this summer that they would pay 6 pepm for each person we re-enrolled for 2018. i think they realized brokers would only fall for the zero compensation for one year then say adios. they would then be left with 1000s of angry customers not knowing how to enroll and lost because their broker basically serviced their every need. No carrier or call center can ever meet the level of service we provide to our customers. I made a choice in 2017 to totally exit the healthcare market however i try to maintain my licensing and certification in hopes this may some day change. I now focus primarily on the Medicare market as well as life, ltc, dental, and disability. I am basically working to rebuild the massive 60% loss of income i have taken over the years wasting time with Obamacare and trying to make a business out of a lost industry.

The point of this post is i want to know if any of your have tried to use the Big Wave lead referral system. yesterday for some odd reason i received an email from the marketplace that i would have the ability to set this program up if i responded within 48 hrs to the email they sent. I had to go through a basic training on how to use the tool and the app was easily set up and linked to my FFMID within minuted of completing the training. I am not sure why they are just now sending this as the enrollment ends in a week. Regardless i was curious and decided to activate the tool, i set my hours of availability and turned it on. within minuted i received one lead after the other, in other words i could literally keep this live all day and night and the leads would continue to roll in. i tried for one solid day to help these folks, hoping maybe there would be some cross selling possibilities. So for 8 inbound requests on healthcare.gov this is what my results entailed. 3 basically were just playing around on the site and told me not to call back. 3 had thought they were going to talk with DHHR because their eligibility letter told them they would be eligible for this coverage and thought this was a way to arrange a phone consultation, One lady told me how she enrolled last year, then was cancelled in march because she could not provide tax documents requested proving her income and then lost her coverage. she then got scammed into buying something on the internet that was limited used up the 6 doc visits and cancelled it , so she was on there yesterday after she got her eligibility letter and wanted to find out how to set up her coverage, she has so many issue going on that it could take hours to sort out and something i can do for her and told her i would do.

the point i am trying to make is this healthcare.gov have completely f ---- up the health insurance market. People out dying for help, they are not getting any assistance on healthcare.gov as its apparent many people have issue like this lady for years without knowing how to resolve. Something that would never go unresolved when i was doing regular health insurance plans. As a broker i have very limited access to the tools a navigator would working at healthcare.gov. therefore i could not see her account of know what procedures and forms for her to follow or submit. from what she said about her income it appeared she qualified for Medicaid however i have no access as a broker to their systems for enrollment, additionally she had a sick father whom was on Medicare Disability and then lost his low income subsidy because they did not know what forms to follow, he had a part d penalty because of years he went without credible coverage. this woman handling this insurance for herself and her dad had no clue nor guidance to resolve any of these major issues, she up against a deadline to enroll by Dec 15th. I told her to send me all her stuff by email and it may take a few days but i would get her pointed in the right direction. Cases such as these and many other take a ton of time and hand holding to get them on the correct path and educated so that mistakes are not on going. Healthcare.gov does not resolve any of this ladies issues. it means absolutely zero to her or anyone with lower income to be able to qualify for a subsidy but then ultimately lose it by march each year and all because she has no guidance from the healthcare.gov navigators nor a broker to work with. I would love to help each and every one of these people and they all need the assistance. however what does this app or healthcare.gov expect at a licensed broker, we are not compensated for any cases we submit and i cannot even keep my doors open and lights on if i spend hours on cases like this day in and day out. the volume of leads going out the door and nor handled by the system designed to resolve their problems is unreal. I am one agent on the site in the smallest market in the country WV and the amount of leads would keep my phone ringing day and night.

Does anyone have experience on this or different insight they can share.

Yah, you're the only agent left in WV, hence all the leads.
Every other smart agent is selling dental. (Right TX?)
Yah, healthcare.gv problem solving is useless.
Yah, start charging fees if your state allows you.
Otherwise, you got a heart of gold buddy to help that lady.

Back