Maternity in Colorado

JE INSURANCE

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Orlando
Im new to Colorado and want to know exactly who covers it, i know there was some sort of issue that they had to cover it?? if i am wrong please let me know....thank for any help

Last edited:
thanx, anyone have info for maternity for each major carrier? i cant find it on website...uhc, h1, bcbs and cigna??
thanx

Last edited:
JE,

Maternity is covered "as any other illness", there is no special maternity coverage. Just like any other illness it comes down to have you met your deductible and where you are with co-insurance, etc. Also, I'm sure medically necessary clauses apply so you can't be having an ultrasound every week, etc.

Obviously if someone can predict becoming pregnant they can "game the system" but I'm sure the insurance companies can figure that odds of that out.

Chris

My wife and I planned both pregnancies and bought several AFLAC polices. They were pretty good. We had short term disability and the hospital indemnity along with her standard health insurance plan. We bought our polices through an agent up in Fort Collins, CO

My wife and I planned both pregnancies and bought several AFLAC polices. They were pretty good. We had short term disability and the hospital indemnity along with her standard health insurance plan. We bought our polices through an agent up in Fort Collins, CO

And that is exactly what is wrong with maternity coverage. It's really not insurance but a way to transfer the costs that are planned to a third party. If (and it's a big if) a company must offer maternity, there should be at least an 18 month wait until benefits can be paid.

Rick

Back