Med America Vs Genworth

csalter said:
It's not because they are married but because of their age. NYL does not offer LTC to people under 40.

If that is true it is a new policy. When I was with NYL they would write LTCI for people in their 20s. The youngest ltci policy holder I was told was 27.

Were these actual NYL agents who told you this? Or were they Indy agents?

I have had 2 different agents tell me that my wife did not qualify with NYL because of her age.

the software I have allows for rates to be run on the NYL Calif. Partnership policy for someone as young as age 18.

They were both independents, but they were not associated with each other.

They were both independents, but they were not associated with each other.

I hate to ASSume; but sometimes bad apple agents talk out of their ass for one reason or another (or sometimes they just dont know).
But often it has to do with steering the prospect towards the specific company that agent wants to do business with... not saying that was the case, but it happens more than I would like to admit in this industry (it happens in all kinds of sales really, not just insurance).

I emailed an old NYL buddy of mine this morning who still works there. They issue down to 18 years old for LTCI.

Those agents were wrong.

NYL is not offered by many indy agents, this could be part of the problem with those two...

I hate to ASSume; but sometimes bad apple agents talk out of their ass for one reason or another (or sometimes they just dont know).
But often it has to do with steering the prospect towards the specific company that agent wants to do business with... not saying that was the case, but it happens more than I would like to admit in this industry (it happens in all kinds of sales really, not just insurance).

I emailed an old NYL buddy of mine this morning who still works there. They issue down to 18 years old for LTCI.

Those agents were wrong.

NYL is not offered by many indy agents, this could be part of the problem with those two...

I just spoke with a NYL agent. She explained to me that NYL was going to get approved for a new long term care policy in California. She said that until California approves it, no one under 40 can be an applicant. She said they will be doing some repricing.

I just spoke with a NYL agent. She explained to me that NYL was going to get approved for a new long term care policy in California. She said that until California approves it, no one under 40 can be an applicant. She said they will be doing some repricing.

Ah, so its state specific. Nice to know. My buddy is in SC, so I doubt he has ever ran a CA LTCI illustration.

Cali and NY are the worst states to be in the insurance business because of the mountains of regulations and red tape... but a NY domiciled company AND CA regs... forget about it! (as a new yorker would say) :err:

forget about it! (as a new yorker would say) :err:

You spelled it wrong:

2003_7_brooklynsign.jpg

:1wink:

Back